Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Omega Speedmaster Professional ref. 145.022-71 cal. 861 Stepped Dial

1. tomvox1 Jun 1, 2018

SpeedyPro145022_71-lng copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-11 copy.JPG
    Up for sale is this all-time classic early 1970s ref. 145.022 Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch powered by the famed Lemania-based manual wind caliber 861 chronograph movement. This Speedy Pro dates from 1971 and is the last of the iconic stepped dials. While not a museum piece, this classic Omega Speedmaster Professional is a solid and honest example perfect for everyday wear and its gorgeous original Tritium stepped dial has developed a pleasing creamy patina, as has the matching handset. Overall, the watch is in Excellent vintage condition and it comes on a modern-era 1171 bracelet.

The asking price for this great Vintage Omega Speedy Pro is $4,450 USD OBRO including worldwide FedEx shipping. Bank Wire always preferred but Paypal is OK with split fees (+2% to the buyer). Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

SpeedyPro145022_71-7 copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-2 copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-9 copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-1 copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-4 copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-bkl copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-bk copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-cover copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-move copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-innrbk copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-crwn copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-sd copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-sun copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-wrst copy.JPG SpeedyPro145022_71-5 copy.JPG

CASE & CASEBACK: Classic 41mm wide x 48mm long thick twisted lug case in Excellent vintage condition, showing light polish/re-brushing to the sides and a couple of nicks commensurate with age and a few other superficial marks. Outer caseback features the first appearance of the Speedmaster medallion along with the rounded NASA nomenclature and shows some past tool marks and light scratches. Medallion and engraving are all quite crisp and clear — Excellent external cosmetic condition. The inner caseback is corrosion free and has all the correct Omega period hallmarks including the correct 145.022-71 reference & date code and the Huguenin Freres case maker’s signature. The inner dust/anti-magnetic cover is also present and accounted for.

DIAL & HANDS: Beautiful correct late stepped dial with shorter lume bars and original Tritium luminous material showing a nice creamy tone. This dial is in gorgeous Near Mint condition, with all print intact and only the slightest signs of aging, although there are some small dust particles present on the dial and on the underside of the crystal. Tritium stick hands and sweep seconds chrono hand are Excellent+ and their lume closely matches the dial’s in tone. All the small chrono register hands are likewise Excellent+.

CROWN & PUSHERS: Looks to me like the period correct signed Omega winding crown and correct pushers but happy to be corrected on that as I know folks these days are bit more hip to those nuances than I am. The large crown winds and pulls out to the time-setting position as it should. The top pusher stops and starts the chronograph as it should and the bottom pusher resets all chrono registers precisely to zero as designed. There is no hour register creep.

BEZEL: Correct DNN large print, no accent TACHYMETRE bezel insert is a bit of a survivor, showing several nicks and loss of paint although it has also developed an attractive charcoal WABI — Very Good original vintage condition. Likewise, the steel bezel itself has some corresponding dings to its edges and is also Very Good.

CRYSTAL: Genuine Omega-signed domed armored Hesalite crystal appears older and has some scratches and nicks but no cracks or chips — Excellent condition.

MOVEMENT: Legendary Omega cal. 861 chronograph movement with a 32 million serial number, which dates it to 1970, perfectly in range for a 1971-cased watch. As it has always operated beautifully for me I’ve never had this watch serviced. Timekeeping is accurate, power reserve is strong and chrono functions are all operating flawlessly. This is guaranteed to be the case at the time of shipping.

BRACELET: Modern-era (I believe) ref. 1171 (with an additional “11” in a circle) bracelet in Excellent condition with light to moderate stretch and some very light scratches to the sunken logo clasp — easily Excellent overall condition. End pieces are the correct & matching 633s. The bracelet is quite long and should fit up to around a 7 3/4” wrist at maximum adjustment, if not slightly larger.

As a matter of policy, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great Vintage Speedy Pro is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
    T.
    [email protected]

cristos71 likes this.