Forums Latest Members
  1. blackarrow Aug 1, 2017

Hello!

I am looking to buy this watch, but I am not sure if it is fake or not. I looked through old Omega catalogs, but could not find the exact same model (the dials seems strange). The seller did not mention the year or something specific. I appreciate your help and continue browsing catalogs and informing myself about older Omega watches.

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG

2. chipsotoole Aug 1, 2017

Looks about right for an early -mid 70's model. Read up on the cal 1020 movement. the 1020 is a day date version of the 1010..It was supposed to be an improvement through self lubricating parts but ended up getting a reputation for being unreliable and prone to breaking. It was around this time Omega gave up making their own in-house movements...The watch seems generally ok to me but they shouldn't be expensive..plenty were made....maybe they are tomorrows collectible. Strangely the 1012 movement that was introduced to address these problems of "flimsiness" seems to be moving up the charts...

3. BenBagbag Aug 1, 2017

This is a Seamaster... Don't pay a speedmaster price.

4. chipsotoole Aug 1, 2017

If I was starting out I'd go for a 565 loaded Seamster Cosmic automatic... :)

5. blackarrow Aug 2, 2017

Sorry, I written the wrong name, it is Seamaster indeed. Thank you for the help, will skip this one.

Also, thanks for the recommendation, why would you choose 565 Seamaster Cosmic in particular? Yes, you are right, I am looking for my first vintage Omega watch.