Forums Latest Members
  1. Simon Ranthe Apr 28, 2018

Hello! I need help with this Vintage Omega Seamaster watch if it’s real or not, what it’s called, and maybe a date on it?.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 28, 2018

Mid-late 1970s at a guess, looks legit. Has a lot of Genta cues in the design, rather like the Oysterquartz of similar vintage. The movement if poorly may be incredibly hard to get parts for so be careful that it is fully working. Very unusual bezel, not one I have seen before, nice waffle dial too. Not worth a great deal sadly, quartz have a much smaller fan base than mech watches of similar vintage. We could give you much more info if you were able to get the back off and find the case number and serial.

3. Simon Ranthe Apr 28, 2018

Thank you so much for the answer! I’m a 15 year old kid who just got in to watches, and i got this off my grandfather. Sadly theres no case for it tho, and i dont know how to get the back off :/.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 28, 2018

Is it still running? If so wear it and enjoy. If not it may be best to get the back removed by a professional or at least a talented amateur as there may be a leaking battery in there which isn't good news. It looks like a snap on back but don't try to bodge it with a knife as there is a good chance you will either injure yourself or damage the watch. The information I mentioned earlier, case number and serial are located inside the watch on the inside of the caseback and movement, I wasn't referring to a separate case for the watch.

5. Simon Ranthe Apr 28, 2018

Alright i will do that, do you have an idea of what battery it might take? My father has a maxell 371 lying around and i dont know if that’ll work

image.jpg
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 28, 2018

Once you get the case back off, let us know the case number inside the case back, and what the movement caliber is. I can check the battery spec for you then.

Cheers, Al