Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. m84

m84 Aug 29, 2018

Hi all, sorry for the cryptic ad title, but I recently came across this ad for an "Omega Antimagnetic 18k 2617", apparently in the hands of the owner's family for about "70 years"... ::book::

I do not intend to buy it at all, but it caught my eye and i feel like getting in touch with the seller to see what's the story here.
    Is anything even correct or original in this watch at all? I mean, the movement seems to be an AS1123 (even with a signed bridge), the caseback is just all sorts of mangled and I don't recall seeing so many markings on the outside of one. Even the applied logo on the dial looks funny to me (nevermind the redial aspect of it all)...

Thanks in advance for any input. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dan S

Dan S Aug 29, 2018

Just looks like a common fake to me.

3. Canuck

Canuck Aug 29, 2018

Another dog from another town! There isn’t enough room here to tell you everything about this one that is wrong, wrong, wrong. The movement is a common as dirt A Schild caliber which would never ever have been used by Omega. There were millions of those produced, usually used in low end watches. Case back markings are meaningless as applied to this junker. Run, don’t walk!

4. m84

m84 Aug 29, 2018

another dog... what a great expression! :D
    Yeah dont worry, i wasnt even considering giving it a second thought, let alone buying it. I was really just curious if i was wrong in my judgement of this piece.
    If this is a 'legitimate' seller, i feel sorry for him as he probably thinks hes had something special in his hands all this time... Maybe originally it was an Omega, and with the years has been converted to what we see here, who knows!

Cheers,

5. Draven

Draven Aug 29, 2018

Wow, I really don't know what to say about that one.

Would love to know what the caseback is made of as it has really bad pitting and looks as if it was melted and mixed with god knows how many metals which did not take.

m84 likes this.
  6. BenBagbag

BenBagbag Aug 29, 2018

Well it's not easy making an "antimagnetic" watch... :D

m84 and Draven like this.
  7. chipsotoole

chipsotoole Aug 29, 2018

plain nasty...

m84 likes this.