Vintage Omega shop recommendations... London

I’m in central London today and after some recommendations for places selling vintage Omega watches. It’s for trying on really and getting a feel for what I like rather than to purchase as I imagine prices are massively inflated in these dealerships.

I know of the Omega Boutique (Somlo?) in Burlington Arcade, but anywhere else worth visiting?

Thanks

Massively inflated, often redials/frankens. Don't do it! Stick to the OF Private Sales forums if you want to be guaranteed of getting a genuine piece at a fair price. Chrono24 is usually pretty good as well, since it has guarantees and keeps funds in escrow until both parties are satisfied. But you'll want to do your research in the latter instance.

What are you looking for and what is your budget? Happy to make some recommendations. You can also follow the WRUW Today thread for lots of excellent options.

Like 1
I’m in central London today and after some recommendations for places selling vintage Omega watches. It’s for trying on really and getting a feel for what I like rather than to purchase as I imagine prices are massively inflated in these dealerships.

I know of the Omega Boutique (Somlo?) in Burlington Arcade, but anywhere else worth visiting?

Thanks
I live in London but, apart from Burlington Arcade, can’t think of anywhere that I’d visit for an eye candy fix.

Austin Kaye used to have a shop in the Strand, which closed a year ago but, apart from salivating over some of their watches for sale, the chief attraction for me was the opportunity to compare the ridiculously inflated prices they offered with the reality of what I could get/afford following @Dr.Sascha's sensible advice.

You’ve got to research, follow the OF, and keep looking.

Good luck.

Like 1
Portobello Road is certainly open on a Saturday but I’m not sure about Friday

Like 1
Clerkenwell Road used to be the centre of the watchmaking trade in London. There are a couple of shops and watch repairers still there along with Gleave and co a parts supplier.

Like 2
Massively inflated, often redials/frankens. Don't do it! Stick to the OF Private Sales forums if you want to be guaranteed of getting a genuine piece at a fair price. Chrono24 is usually pretty good as well, since it has guarantees and keeps funds in escrow until both parties are satisfied. But you'll want to do your research in the latter instance.

What are you looking for and what is your budget? Happy to make some recommendations. You can also follow the WRUW Today thread for lots of excellent options.
You mean this store? The only omega vintage store?
How can they sell franken and redials?
Can't find the webshop anymore, but prices are bit steep when I saw it earlier.
https://www.omegawatches.com/store/storedetails/6185

UPDATE: I visited Burlington Arcade so took in the vintage Omega store and David Duggan’s. Well over £3k for a 60’s Constellation in both stores!

It was great to try them on though and get a feel for this style of 60’s dress watch.

My only error was dropping by the main Omega store on Regent Street and falling head over heels for the new Speedmaster Moonwatch. Not what I was expecting to like... neither vintage nor budget friendly!

Whilst I really liked the smaller, more elegant vintage dress watches, I’m just not sure it would suit me as a daily wearer. Whilst it felt like it would pair brilliantly with a nice suit or something semi-smart, I work in the creative industry and almost never wear a suit... I’m more a jeans, boots and jacket chap. The Speedmaster just seemed more fitting.

Guess I’ve got some thinking to do (and homework on pre-owned or vintage Speedmasters).