Forums Latest Members
  1. dmbrad54 Sep 20, 2018

I recently inherited my father's Omega Seamaster De Ville and took it to the Omega boutique to send off for servicing and a new strap. Omega sent it back stating they could not service it to their specs without replacing the case, and, given the age, they do not have that case available.

Can anyone recommend a place in Dallas that is experienced with vintage Omega (or one that could handle this if I mail it off)? I want the whole thing left original aside from a new strap and new plexiglass crystal. Hasn't been worn in 20 years, so the inside will need a little fine tuning as well.

Thanks in advance.

OSD.jpg

2. ndgal Sep 20, 2018

3. Vitezi Sep 20, 2018

Welcome to the forum! You'll want to look for a watchmaker who specializes in vintage watches, and ask for a "clean, oil and adjust" service. They will disassemble and inspect the movement for wear, clean the parts and lubricate all the moving bits, and reassemble the watch and adjust the timing.

Try this search to find an AWCI (American Watchmakers-Clockmakers Institute) professional near you specializing in vintage watches. You may also try the NAWCC (National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors) search page. Local jewelers may also have recommendations for you.

ATSF Dan likes this.
  4. dmbrad54 Nov 2, 2018

Omega.jpg
    Got a recommendation from a few users to use Chris Abell here near Dallas. I added an alligator strap and I've got a new Omega crystal as well. Very happy with the end result.

TexOmega likes this.
  5. mgmarsh39 Nov 2, 2018

Texas watch company in Euless has done me right so far. Not sure where in Dallas you are but might want to check them out.

Had my 58’ seamaster serviced and new crystal (omega original) installed.

They inspected my 67’ sm300 and will be dropping it off for a full service next week.

When you call you’ll most likely speak to Johnson the owner. Be sure to make an appt because he’s not always in.

Edited Nov 2, 2018