Forums Latest Members
  1. htiek Oct 10, 2017

Hi all

I have my grandfather's Omega Genève from the 70s. Its in pretty good shape for its age. No scratches or dings. No issue keeping time either. Just a little wear in the croc strap. I was considering sending it for a service to the Toronto swatch group and omega service center and I had a few questions I was hoping I could get cleared up.

Will they replace the hands or crown or keep all the original parts and just sort of do a "tune up" of the movement? I'd like to keep it all original if I can. And will they do anything to the crocodile strap? Certain leathers I've heard now can't be imported to Canada due to certain restrictions and I don't want them confiscation it and replacing it with another one..

Thanks everyone

thelinendial likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 10, 2017

Do a site search for vintage Omega service. DO NOT SEND TO OMEGA!!!!

htiek likes this.
  3. peire06 Oct 10, 2017

My experience with Omega service centers and Omega vintage watches has always been bad. They will tell you to replace parts that do not necessarily need to be replaced. If your watch has not been serviced for some time, go to a good watchman in your town and ask him to overhaul the movement. You night want to buff the crystal if you have few minor scratches. This is it. Based on your description of you watch, you don't need to do more than that.

htiek likes this.