Forums Latest Members
  1. Kelmond Jul 8, 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member on the forum and I'd just like to say that this forum has been such a wonderful starting point for a beginner looking to purchase a vintage piece- everyone's really helpful and never fail to assist the more untrained eyes around here.

I've been looking towards trying to start collecting vintage piece and chanced upon this piece on a local resale platform.

These are the pictures that have been provided by the seller. From the information included in the listing, the dial is not refurbished and the movement is "original".
    In my attempt to do some due diligence before asking for help, I'm having a hard time figuring out what's the particular model of this piece. But from what I can tell (with my limited knowledge) all I can say is that it looks pretty legit to me. That said, performing a Google search, the hands seem to be pretty uncommon for a vintage Seamaster and the movement looks like there's some level of rust-ing.

Could I get some advice on whether or not to take the plunge?

Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 3.59.41 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 4.00.01 AM.png
  2. Gordon Heavyfoot Jul 8, 2017

I'd stay away from this one. It's a redial. The hour markers are all over the place. The movement looks tired. Case is heavily polished. Wait for better.

Kelmond likes this.
  3. Kelmond Jul 8, 2017

This is why newbies need to be on this forum. Thank you!

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 8, 2017

As noted the watch is a mess.

Move along.

Kelmond likes this.
  5. ConElPueblo Jul 8, 2017

Kelmond likes this.
  6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 8, 2017

Kelmond likes this.
  7. Kelmond Jul 9, 2017

Thank you all for your input and kind advice!