Forums Latest Members
  1. koekoek Oct 9, 2016

My first post on here, thanks for letting me join! I have been looking around for vintage Omega's for a few weeks now. But it really is a minefield. Im trying to learn as much as i can and try to arm myself with enough knowledge to not make mistakes. I am not really comfortable buying off of ebay and importing to Europe will be some extra added costs too. I know the demand has risen for them lately so they are getting harder to find. But i saw an interesting one on a forum.

However there are a few things that i am not too sure about. The seller is being honest and says the dial is a redial. The font looks well but the bottom past isnt right. It says only "swiss" and i think it should say "swiss made". Furthermore the color, it is bright blue. I have never seen a blue seamaster like this. But im not an expert so i would like some further opinions.

[​IMG]

And also the caseback. Looks not okay to me.

[​IMG]

However he says the crown is original

[​IMG]

The movement has been serviced so that is a plus. Movement is a 501.

And how much is something like this worth?

thanks for any help or opinions.

2. lillatroll Oct 9, 2016

Hello
    You might regret buying a redial as you learn more about watches. Some people don't mind but I think the majority of people sooner or later tend to lean towards original. An original example of this watch is not hard to find and will not cost the earth. Unless the seller can provide paper work to verify what has been done then you will need to get it looked at. I would forget about this one even if you can live with a redial.

koekoek likes this.
  3. Sanmilc Oct 9, 2016

Is not a rare watch so if you keep looking you will find more, if I were you I will wait for an original one unless is really cheap

koekoek likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 9, 2016

I'd keep looking, its worth holding out for a better example as there are plenty out there and this one I feel you'll regret eventually

koekoek likes this.
  5. koekoek Oct 9, 2016

Thanks for the replies. As i was typing this thread i was already getting less interested in the watch. I will keep looking for another one. Great advise on this forum to be patient and keep looking until you see something you really like.