Forums Latest Members
  1. Mattey Jan 26, 2018

Greetings all !

With my first post here, I really need your help.
    I got offer from my local watchsmith to buy vintage Omega with really unique dial. He did complete service and it's now in really great condition. At first, I was thinking that maybe it's fake or redial but I've found this thread on this forum with same model.
    Funny thing is, I cannot find any other picture of this model anywhere except that particular thread here.
    I've attached photos (should I rather upload them somewhere?) I've took with my cell phone. I have few more but only exterior pics. Watchsmith is reluctant to disassemble watch again just for me to take picture, I can understand that and didn't want to push.
    Does anyone have some more information about this model and what would be fair price for it ?
    If you need some more pictures I can upload. It's really beautiful piece and I would like to buy it but need advice from more experienced people.
    Thank you all for the help !

Omega_1.jpg Omega_2.jpg Omega_3.jpg Omega_4.jpg Omega_5.jpg
    pippy likes this.
  2. Jerseyhammer Jan 26, 2018

Hi a guy call Russ posted the same watch on 2013 on the forum and it got rave reviews. Here are his photos for your info . I don’t see why you can’t get a look inside . I always ask otherwise how do you know what your buying . It looks great to me

AD920E55-BA7A-4777-A05D-5C33AE0EAAD8.jpeg D398718F-CB40-4291-A0DB-388B9BB3837D.jpeg C97D6849-2A3F-4D8A-9F28-D7353AB86D85.jpeg
    pippy likes this.
  3. Peturbed Jan 26, 2018

It looks fantastic. Definitely looks fully authentic and original. I'd say you have a winner. I can understand the watchmaker not wanting to open it up again, but he surely should know the calibre as he works on watches, maybe someone else here will know the correct ref number. I really like it a great deal, the dial is wonderful and in great condition.

4. Vanallard Jan 26, 2018

With respect to price, here's a comparable that sold several weeks ago for $587 and it had two broken lugs.

upload_2018-1-26_14-27-11.png

5. Mattey Jan 26, 2018

Since I can't find anything about this model, I cannot give watchsmith my offer for this watch.
    What would be OK offer for it, for me as buyer and him as seller ?

EDIT:
    @Vanallard, thanks for the tip, it helps a lot !

6. Vanallard Jan 26, 2018

You would do well if you got it in the $500-600 range.

7. Peturbed Jan 26, 2018

Considering the price the broken one went for, it must be worth at least double to close on treble the amount the broken one was auctioned for. Probably 1000 at min from a decent dealer.

But seriously your tactic is wrong. Know in your head what the max is that you would pay and stick to that. He's the seller, ask him what he would accept. That's the right way. If he wants the same or less than the price in your head, or more, either accept that price or negotiate a lower price. The seller should not expect the buyer to offer.

8. Mattey Jan 26, 2018

The thing is, I know this watchsmith for years now and he's not some kind of reseller. He got it as compensation part for the work he did on some more expensive newer pieces and I would like to be fair with him. That's why I'm asking about probable price. I'm fairly certain he would accept around 500 EUR for the watch. Asuming I get it for that amount, could I say I got a good deal for this particular watch (considering watch is also serviced and ready for use) ?

9. Vanallard Jan 26, 2018

500 EUR would be a very good deal IMO given the recent service and condition of the watch.

10. Peturbed Jan 26, 2018

Yes, any less than 500EUR and you definitely would not be being fair to him. Maybe slip another 100 EUR in because you know and respect his integrity and you want to feel likewise about yourself.

11. Mattey Aug 11, 2018

Hello people,
    apologies for raising old thread, I've eventually bought the watch and now I need advice regarding strap for this beautiful Omega (current strap is just low-quality temporary strap).
    Here are the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What kind of strap (color/design, etc.) would you recommend (size is 18/16) ? Buckle is yellow gold Omega 16mm.
    Thanks in advance !

tamura and Edward53 like this.
  12. Vanallard Aug 11, 2018

13. Edward53 Aug 13, 2018

I think the strap you have on it is just fine. Quality looks ok to me and it has a nice, comfortable worn-in appearance. If it were mine I would keep that strap and just replace the buckle with a GP Omega.