Forums Latest Members
  1. glynb Nov 17, 2017

Hey Guys,

First post here.

Just a simple question for you experts. Do all Seamaster Cosmic watches (Cal. 752, Ref. #166.036) have the word "Seamaster" written on the dial? The Seamaster logo is on the back of the case, but the word is not on the dial. No photo for the text at this time.

Any information would help.

Thank You

2. dan7800 Nov 17, 2017

I am not an expert, but I believe so. I've never seen a cosmic dial just say "cosmic" without seamaster

3. glynb Nov 17, 2017

The dial does not say Seamaster or Cosmic on the dial, just Omega and Automatic under it at the top of the dial. The Seamaster logo is on the back of the toneau case.

Thanks for your reply.

4. fjf Nov 18, 2017

That is weird, but without (good) pics, we cannot say much more...

5. dan7800 Nov 18, 2017

A good photo will go a long ways, or find a watch that seems to match your description (if possible).

6. glynb Nov 19, 2017

[​IMG]

Sellers photo, but since I've already bought the watch I guess it's OK

7. mikechi22 Nov 19, 2017

I like the shark skin strap on there - the watch looks cool at the very least! I’ve never seen a Cosmic with exactly that sort of dial. They seem to appear much more often on Dynamics, but that’s only from my limited perspective. Beyond the dial furniture, I would expect that the watch would bear one label or the other. That missing marque plus the unusual blue color suggest to me that your dial may have been refinished. Once the cognoscenti have a look, they can give you a more valid appraisal. Either way, I’d still wear it!

8. dan7800 Nov 19, 2017

Ill give it a novice try:

Dial and hands have been replaced?

9. glynb Nov 19, 2017

I have researched a good bit about dials for 1968 Seamasters, and I agree that the dial is probably not an unrestored Seamaster dial. That being said, the reason I bought it was that the watch is absolutely beautiful in my opinion. The seller states that the case, movement, and serial number all match a 1968 era Seamaster.

The seller states that the watch was recently serviced and comes with a 2 year warranty from his business, and it can be returned within 7 days of delivery . I have not received the watch yet, but if it is in as good a condition as the photos, and keeps good time, I will probably keep it.

Thanks guys

10. dan7800 Nov 19, 2017

The most important rule of watch collecting is to buy what you like. Wear it in happiness.

11. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 19, 2017

Not only is the dial to small for the case it also appears that the reflector ring is missing, these are big red flags.

omega66450_big.jpg

Archer and McKinley like this.