Forums Latest Members
  1. eternalphoenix9 Oct 14, 2016

Hello all,

I'm a new member and I need help with my watch. I have a vintage (1940s -1950s) Omega dress watch. The caliber is 265. I inherented this from my grandfather and it had a few problems. So, I took it to an amateur watch maker who I later found out didn't know what he was doing. Long story short, I need new hands now. The problem is that they are rose gold; which I'm told are hard to find. I can't seem to find the right size myself. I would prefer genuine Omega parts if possible. Does anyone here have any leads or information? Which number should I used to find my original hands; the serial number or the caliber?

Thanks in advance

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 14, 2016

Inside the case there will be a model number, best bet is to take a picture of the front of the watch and a clear picture of the inside of the case back if you are able to open it without damaging the watch.

3. eternalphoenix9 Oct 14, 2016

Sorry I forgot to mention this. My watch was bought in Argentina which from the research that I did means that Omega made the movement and gave Argentina the okay to make the case. There is only a 18k 0.750 on the inside of the case back. On back of the case back is the number 42399. I have a picture of it before it was serviced, with the original hands somewhere. I'll have to find it.
    Thanks

4. eternalphoenix9 Oct 15, 2016

Here is what my watch looked like before with the original hands. I think the second hand was broken. Also, here is a picture of the inside and back of the case back.

IMG_2499.PNG IMG_2383.JPG IMG_2384.JPG
  5. Bumper Oct 17, 2016

6. eternalphoenix9 Oct 17, 2016

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 18, 2016

I think the hands in you pic may be too long.
    Some, but not all Omega hands were well proportioned so that the hour hand didn't overlap the cardinal markers but just kissed it and the minute hand only extended to the edge of the minutes ring.

I would measure up the originals and see what the difference is. It may even look better with well proportioned hands.

8. eternalphoenix9 Oct 18, 2016

I measured them and the hour hand would not reach the markers at all. The minute hand will not reach the individual tick marks either.