Forums Latest Members
  1. Hoc Nguyen Sep 14, 2019

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. Other than OMEGA factory, needs recommendation for reputable Omega watch services. Thanks for your help.

2. Dan S Sep 14, 2019

Welcome to OF. A bit of introduction and some photos of your watches wouldn't go amiss.

DaveK likes this.
  3. Hoc Nguyen Sep 16, 2019

My father gave me an Omega 168.019 stainless steel in the mid 70 not long before I left my family, escaped the communist and seeking freedom in the US. It was pass around in our family, had been neglected and forgotten. Finally I located and got it back from my brother. My brother had it repair once along with replacing a cracked crystal (not an Omega crystal). The watch is currently not working and the crystal is cracked. The hands and the day/date are still operable by moving the crown/sharp. I would like to repair it for memory sake and may be give it to my son. My watch services shop (who had done work on my Rolex and Vintage Omega 168.018) had pass on it for reason that the original crystal and parts are hard to find for this watch model. With the help of one of the OF member, I was able to find a correct Omega crystal for the watch. I could send it to Omega for the service but refer a hand on experience watchmaker. Thanks Omega3.jpg Omega2.jpg Omega1.jpg Omega back cover.jpg 168.019 cracked crystal.jpg

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Sep 17, 2019

Easy to do. Service no big deal. You might need a rotor axle, because the rotor is scraping the back. And pls. Get 2 correct case clamps and screws to have secure in the case. Kind regards. Achim

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 17, 2019

Would be unusual to need the axle - however it needing a new rotor pinion is a certainty.

6. Hoc Nguyen Sep 18, 2019

Thank you Archer & watchyouwant.
    So does anyone knows a reputable watchmaker in the Pennsylvania, USA area? What is the average cost for a complete overhaul and crystal replacement (I have the new crystal)? On a recent service for the 168.018 (which was still running and in much better shape than my 168.019) my local watchmaker charged me less than $200 (which I thought was a good price). Not sure why he doesn't want to service this one.
    Thank you all.