Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega Ref Cal 265 original dial??? Please help.

1. mikezz Feb 25, 2015

This dial is too clean..., please experts help needed and nuch thanks!

Front.jpg Back.jpg
  2. mac_omega Feb 25, 2015

If it is too clean don´t buy it - leave it for more encouraged members... ;)

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 25, 2015

Translation: Buy it. ;)

4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Feb 25, 2015

IMO, ditto

5. Bluemartinifan Feb 25, 2015

I have been looking at many of these 37mm jumbo/oversize Omega references from the 40s and 50s.
    The dials described as original are pretty rough (did these dials typically deteriorate or are fine examples in collectors hands and not for sale?). Most examples I see have refinished dials (some expertly done).
    From my vintage Rolex experiences, I understand the desire for an all original with untouched dial and hands and unpolished case.
    I just bought a 10 mil example that was advertised as orig dial and hands (I will post when it arrives from London - and we can decide as a group if it is) and have another 14 mil incoming that looks as new with a refinished dial, new hands, polished case and serviced 265 movement. I guess I am testing myself to live with both and decide what one to keep. I look forward to sharing pics upon arrival.
    Russ

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 25, 2015

OP's watch not a jumbo.
    And the jumbo manual winds can be found with nice original dials. Take a look at this one owned by @mac_omega posted a few years back in another forum - excellent condition jumbo manual wind with a movement from the first batch of 30mm manual wind movements omega ever produced (600 movements total) and with the original warranty document (who needs an archive extract when you have papers!):

http://omega.watchprosite.com/show-...t-omega-it-is-time-for-post-700-and-you-know/

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 25, 2015

Looks original to me. Both dial and movement look used, but gently used.

If the price is right, buy it.
    gatorcpa