Forums Latest Members
  1. rcicchelli Sep 28, 2013

Hi Everyone,
    I just came into possession of a beautiful Omega Ranchero, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding more information on it. I wanted to make sure it is a real one and not a redial or a frankenstein watch. The other pics I see online never exactly look like this one, the second hand sub dial is different on mine. Can any one please confirm the details for me?

On the Movement it is marked Omega Cal 267
    17 Jewels and has the number 17773387

Thanks so much for any help!

IMG_0106.jpg IMG_0107.jpg IMG_0108.JPG IMG_0109.JPG IMG_0110.jpg IMG_0111.JPG IMG_0112.jpg IMG_0113.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 28, 2013

Its quite genuine.

One thing you will find with vintage Omega watches is there were often many different dials offered for any given case reference, 2990 in this instance.

17773387 (serial number) on the movement dates this to about 1960 and the caliber 267 is correct for the reference.

There are several other members with Rancheros with various different dials.

3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Sep 28, 2013

This is quite an interesting watch. It is a ref 2990, which is the correct ref for a Ranchero. It also has the correct movement. Now the dial is not the typical Ranchero style dial but having said that, there are a few less common variations of the Ranchero dial. I have posted some examples below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps

watchyouwant likes this.
  4. rcicchelli Sep 28, 2013

Thanks a ton for the info! I'm glad because I am really in love with this watch.

5. rcicchelli Sep 28, 2013

Hi Joe,
    Thanks a ton for the info, Mine does resemble that last picture you posted almost exactly except mine looks to be gold plated not stainless. Although the gold plating is really worn around the lugs and the dial is much much cleaner and in better shape on the watch in the pic. It's definitely reassuring to know that this is a real watch, because I had heard to be very wary of fake Ranchero's. It came from a family member so I didn't have reason to believe it was fake but you never know, and I don't know where he got it from originally.

6. sohail Sep 29, 2013

This is a legit omega ranchero . Nice piece