Forums Latest Members
  1. Traveler Aug 1, 2015

Just got back from the movies, and was intrigued to see this trailer for "The Transporter Refueled" (which I was somehow oblivious to the fact it was being made...)

What was most interesting (excuse the crude IPhone snap) - is this vintage? I guess even if not it's a fairly notable product placement, assuming it's not just 'accidental'...

image.jpg

Lou P and Giff2577 like this.
  2. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Aug 1, 2015

Looks fun! I enjoyed the first transporter movie. It think a vintage Speedmaster is just the watch a Transporter would wear. Classic and very functional for timing critical work. Now I think the Audi is the product placement. The original movie had him driving a 7 series BMW with a manual transmission out of a 6 series modified for the film. Not product placement as it is not commercially available. Just a classy tool the Transporter would use. Then in the later films they switched to production Audi's : product placement.

I for one wear a vintage Speedmaster when transporting the kids.

SpikiSpikester and Traveler like this.
  3. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Aug 1, 2015

image.jpg
    2 children 90 lbs
    1 swim bag 5 lbs
    Swim lessons 12:30
    Lunch traffic
    Only one man can deliver the packages...
    The Transporter.

Traveler, wsfarrell and bencrouch25 like this.
  4. wsfarrell Aug 1, 2015

Agree that the first Transporter was the best, and I don't think a product has to be available for purchase for it to count as a product placement. Polishing the apple, so to speak.

Giff2577 likes this.