Forums Latest Members
  1. ViaAppia Apr 29, 2016

Just wondering if anybody has ever seen one of these alone on ebay or whatever dark recess you hunt? I know I've been looking for a long time but they always come paired with a watch that itself gathers quite a bit of attention. If so how rare, how much, best place to look?
    (These are all different - and to note these are not my pictures obviously)

s-l1600.jpg OMega Constellation 14393_1.jpg.JPG NYR_12999_0025.jpg

2. Finrod Felagund Apr 30, 2016

3. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 30, 2016

Swiss time services in the UK can and do make these. The original 18K omega mesh bands where made for omega and Rolex and longines by Deniss Shackmans and Sons (DS&S), when they went bust in the late 80's STS brought all the original tooling and stamping equipment, believe you me its a sight to behold

They make them in 18 or 9K gold, I'm trying to persuade them to start making SS again too! They are the original omega ones, same equipment as used in the 1950's and 1960's.

If you want one you need to contact STS, the price is not cheap but if you want a brand new original omega band to any specific constellation design then they are the only people in the world who now make them

Edited Apr 30, 2016
    nik_t, TsoloT, roryoc11 and 3 others like this.
  4. ViaAppia May 15, 2016

Didn't get the notification for this for some reason so I just saw this. Awesome thanks, I'm definitely checking into it in about... 3 secs from now. Seriously you ROCK!!!

5. ViaAppia May 15, 2016

Email is sent out to see if they work with 9ct white gold. I'm smiling from ear to ear right now, thanks again man!!!

6. Tom Dick and Harry May 15, 2016

No pleasure, tell them Tom Dick referred you

ViaAppia likes this.
  7. ViaAppia May 15, 2016

Will most definitely :thumbsup:

8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 15, 2016

Let us know the price!

OMGRLX likes this.
  9. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 15, 2016

i second that! :thumbsup:

10. Tom Dick and Harry May 16, 2016

It won't be cheap chaps, I've seen the on-site workshop they have for these bracelets, its like stepping back in to the 1960's they use 'THE' machinery that DS&S used to make the Milanese bands original for Omega, Rolex, Longines etc including the 2 ton press to give you any of the specific Omega, Rolex or Longines patterns required. These are the true meaning or artisan workman ship, they are all hand made, all made to the customers specific requirements in 9K or 18K and all then specifically designed for case fitting requirement

The only stumbling block could be the white gold issue as I am not 100% sure they do WG but will wait and see what the OP says

11. ViaAppia May 16, 2016

They just confirmed that they do work in white gold, and they sent me this image of mesh bracelets they make. I currently have a question out to them about clasps as well as further informed them of my possible bracelet specifications which will allow them to give me a price. Will keep you guys up to date as soon as I learn more.

(Not sure if sizes are set in stone for each style. Also not positive that they won't make an alternative style if provided the information needed)

braceletbrochure2 001.jpg

Rman, Ken G and OMGRLX like this.
  12. Willem023 May 16, 2016

This is fantastic!
    I really do not like golden or mesh-bracelets at all, but seeing/reading these bracelets being made -still!- and the craft involved: wow!
    Must set you back, I dunno: GBP 1.5-2K for a 18C one??

Might have to change my previous views on this matter.... ::book:::whistling:

OMGRLX likes this.
  13. immustard A condiment that loves to chive to thyme songs May 16, 2016

Lovely,but I recon BIG money?

14. ViaAppia May 26, 2016

Okay so got an email back about a 18 mm lug to lug, 9ct white gold, 7 inch mesh bracelet and, drum roll please ::rimshot::... 2733 GBP. That does come stamped omega on the clasp with the original machinery, and they did say that it's more expensive and the response took longer than usual because they don't normally work with white gold.

It's definitely more than I'm looking to pay as of just now, but I figure now that I know it's an option I will end up buying one in the next few months as the idea grows in my brain

Thanks to all for the help finding out about this and spreading the knowledge

nixf6, Ken G and OMGRLX like this.
  15. Ravineman May 26, 2016

Wow. Now thats quite a steep price for a watch band !!!!
    I would love one on all my watches but it's only going to happen if I lose my mind.

16. Tom Dick and Harry May 26, 2016

It's big money boys but you get what you pay for, I've seen one of these being made, there are a lot of man hours and ever part of it from the second the gold wire leaves it's spool is hand made!

I'm seriously considering one for one of my pie pans! Keep us updated OP, I wish I could get some snaps of the machinery they use..... I have seen it and it would blow your minds, it's like stepping back 60 years! The press to made the patterns in the bands looks like a medieval torture device!

Ken G and ViaAppia like this.
  17. ViaAppia May 27, 2016

They did say that it was more because of the white gold, and while they didn't say an exact amount I got a feeling it was a few hundred, so anybody looking to buy one in yellow gold should take that into account.

18. Kja Mar 15, 2017

I wish I could get a ss one..

19. kkt Mar 15, 2017

Thanks for posting about this process! Wow, I will be careful with the bracelet that came with my watch (see avatar). I wish I could get a stainless one too, but at that price TBH I'm not sure I would.

20. TropicConnie Oct 17, 2017

It wouldn't be the quality of these bracelets, but I created a very similar look by attaching an Omega tang buckle to a cheap eBay Milanese strap. The hardest part was finding a Milanese strap that works with a tang buckle, but even that wasn't an exceptionally difficult task. Although, doing the same in gold would hardly be economical.