Vintage Omega Ladymatic ( Help Removing Movement )

Hi. I need to change crystal on the Ladymatic I just found. I assume I need to remove the movement and can’t just use a crystal claw to remove ? ( tried and couldn’t grasp ). The movement is held by 2 VERY small clasps and screws. I don’t know if need to completely remove these or just loosen and slide clamps out of the way. Seems if removed they may be quite tricky to get back in. Anyone have any experience or suggestions regarding these?

Thanks IMG_0019.jpeg IMG_0016.png

You have to remove the stem first.

I have some watches missing the clamps. So keep going down the rabbit hole as the case clamps are more part of the case than the movement. Some fit into slots. Others rotate.

This part also tends to get lost a lot.

Thanks. I do have the stem out. It is a one piece stem. I do have a Seamaster that has a lock that needs to slide to remove the movement. But this little silver clamp looks separate from the movement. I have a bad feeling that if I take that screw and clamp out I will have difficulty finding its position again. That’s why I was hoping you just loosen the screw and the clamp will turn but stay connected. Just haven’t seen this particular type of lock and these ladies pieces are so small. We’ll just exploring before visiting the watchmaker.

If you only need to remove the crystal to fit a new one you don't need to be dickin' around with the movement.

Just use one of these.

IMG_2731.JPG

That is what I was hoping to do. My crystal remover is pretty cheap. The one you showed is much different than mine. I will explore finding one of those online. Thanks!

That type of tool is used for a top loader. Many of these the movement are accessed through the crystal. The back being solid.

The omega tools are for a specific watch case style. Typically the ladies are Tool 102 and the gents Tool 107. These show up regularly on eBay individual as well as sets. Such will cost more than the watch.

The Bergeon ones are adjustable, But they can shatter the crystal if tightened too far. The Omega tool can do this as well. Best to have a second third or 100th watch to practice on.