Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega in my collection, looking for more information

1. gio_potter May 15, 2019

Hi everyone,

first of all, thank you to the founders of this forum, the amount of knowledge available here is unbelievable!

I have a small collection of relatively inexpensive watches and I am attracted by watches with a story. A few years ago I started looking into Vintage Omega and my girlfriend bought for my birthday a vintage Omega. Now, the relationship with that girlfriend finished but I still have the watch and now I would like to understand better what do I have in my collection.
    From initial research, it looks like I have an Omega Seamaster Deville 1960 KO14750 (found on the website of vintage Omega watches). However, there are a few things that do not match.
    1. the diameter of my watch is 30 mm (that is one of the reasons why I wear this watch rarely, it is too small for my wrist) and on the Vintage omega watches website, the watch with the movement 600 is 34mm diameter. Perhaps I got confused and the number 600 is not the movement?

2. there is no logo of Seamaster on the dial neither De Ville

Today I decided to open the case of the watch to look into and find out more information. Below is what I got:
    Omega watch Co swiss
    21487420 Omega 1 600
    adjusted two (2) positions
    seventeen 17 jewels

On the back of the case cover
    Omega watch co
    fab. suisse
    swiss made
    acier inoxydable
    followed by a circle and a triangle

I have attached the pictures I took and I would really appreciate if someone on this forum could help me to find out the model, year and some reference on my watch.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to catching up.

Best,
    gio_potter

IMG_3921.jpg IMG_3933.jpg IMG_3934.jpg IMG_3935.jpg IMG_3936.jpg IMG_3940.jpg IMG_3941.jpg IMG_3946.jpg IMG_3948.jpg IMG_3949.jpg IMG_3952.jpg IMG_3931.jpg
  2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 15, 2019

connieseamaster and gio_potter like this.
  3. gio_potter May 15, 2019

Hey Ahsposo,

Thank you for the links, really appreciated! Not sure whether the movement has been upgraded, why exactly do you think that could be an option?

4. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 15, 2019

I really don't know, it's not really a chronometer movement but it's a step above a non-adjusted movement with the 2 position adjustment.

Depending on the country market it was sold in specs could vary. You have to remember at the time of this watch's manufacture the mechanical watch industry was in a veritable frenzy of growth. Models were created for every conceivable niche and price point and nearer the "entry level" there could be a LOT of variation to serve some market purpose. Sometimes these non-model watches were presentation watches with the bare caseback a place for an inscription.