Vintage Omega identification

Hi all,

For my wedding, my dad lets me borrow his father's (my grandfather's) vintage Omega. I am relatively new watch enthusiast and have been searching quite a lot to be able to identify the type and year the watch is from.

My dad believes his father got the watch in the 1980s, but I have the feeling the watch is older (1950/1960s). It looks like the Seamaster DeVille, but in contrast to many of the images I found, there is no type indication.

Your help is kindly appreciated!

Hi Dex and welcome!
We need to see inside to tell much, especially the inside caseback. Talk Dad into giving it to you for "research". Also, the movement serial number will tell us age.
I'm no expert on these but I think you are right with the 60's timeframe. The case style doesn't look familiar to me and the marks on the back of the lugs may be hallmarks and I would love to see them closer/clearer.
It is possible the movement was imported and then cased by a local jeweler/watchmaker but have someone competent pop it open and we will know much more.
Your Grandpa had good taste!

Omega made many watches with "blank" dials and casebacks intended as presentation watches for various companies.
The dial was usually marked with the company logo (sometimes by Omega, sometimes locally) and the caseback was locally engraved with the details of the recipient receiving the award.
This may be an award or presentation watch that was never used and was sold by Omega or a local agent.

It may be a monocoque case so make sure you know what you're doing before you try to open it.

Someone awhile back posted a similar case design. Can’t recall if original or contract case. Stamped, so most likely gold. karat? Won’t know till opened.

it is a 60’s model. No special name. Not automatic, so caliber 610 - 613

ok to wear for the wedding, but long term. Get a service. Local mall kiosk for a strap or jeweller