Forums Latest Members
  1. seantrooper Jul 8, 2014

Hi all,

I recently inherited this watch and was wondering if you lovely people would be able to identify it for me (year, model no, etc), and if possible, give a rough value of it... I'm not game enough to pull it apart any further, so I can't see the other side of the movement to see if it has the appropriate markings. It opens on a hinge, and the glass on the front has fallen out and I don't want to force it back in, just in case I break something. As you can see, also has been engraved on the back with my relatives initials and a date (must have been when it was bought, as he was born much earlier). Also, the hands have a bluish tinge to them (tried to capture it in the photos)

Here are some photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

in direct sunlight

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    if you could help identify this, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers

2. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Jul 9, 2014

Hi,
    It looks like a nice T17 with a very clean dial. Not sure that the case is Omega, we would need a picture of the inside of the caseback to be sure.

3. seantrooper Jul 10, 2014

Thanks for your reply! I gave it a few winds today and it still works!

here's the picture of the inside of the back of the case. To my untrained eye, I'd say it would definitely be an omega case :)

going to try to get it serviced and get them to put the glass back in properly, or do you think it would be worth getting new glass?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also the back of the actual watch thing ;) couldn't get the protective casing off to see the entire movement properly.

[​IMG]

laikrodukas likes this.
  4. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Jul 11, 2014

Hi,

This is not an Omega refe (it should have 7 digits). I suppose the case is a country made case : Omega did enter into contracts with ADs who could buy watches fully assembled in Switzerland or buy only caliber+dial+hands and put them in cases made in their country. Taxes were less for the later import in some countries.

I have two similar watches, both with non Omega cases. One is gold plated, the other 9ct gold.

Does it look familiar?

[​IMG]

The inside of the gold plated case :

[​IMG]

And of the 9ct case, same as yours (this one has a date : 1939)

[​IMG]

5. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 11, 2014

I'm afraid the warranty has expired on yours, Yann !!

Tire-comedon likes this.