Forums Latest Members
  1. vendt Nov 19, 2013

Hi All, new here from Timekeepers NZ came across this little gem the other day and not being a vintage watch fan i need a bit of help, year,movement,etc, also value i understand you can't give a valuation without the watch but just what sorta money these are worth as i plan to sell, it runs fine also has M, R, Robbins 25-12-38 engraved on the back, Cheers 026.JPG 024.JPG

2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 19, 2013

Difficult to say other than you have watch with a cal 26,5 movement dating to the late 1930's. If I had to guess I would say the hands are a later replacement, as is the crown. Can say much about value, but its not going to be high.

3. vendt Nov 19, 2013

Ok thanks, i found one on ebay asking $500 usd (600 nzd ) it had no hands and did not look to be in good condition, i will put it up for sale on a local auction site, saving at the mo for a speedmaster so anything i get out of this will help.Thanks Again

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 19, 2013

These watches are real small and not the most popular Omegas to collectors. There was a similar cal. 26,5 watch that sold for around $300, in better condition than this one.

BTW, I think the dial and hands are original on this example.
    gatorcpa

5. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 20, 2013

Gator is right. Better condition watches of this type have been trading in the US$200-300 range on Ebay for a little while now.