Vintage omega gold watch

Hello,
I’ve come here to ask for some advice regarding a gold watch I inherited from my grandmother. I believe she got it as a gift in 40s-50s, but by the time it got to me it had no box or paperwork. I took it to an horologist to have it open and check for numbers (there are none on the outside), but the number she took down as serial does not appear to be that and I can’t find it in omega reference numbers either, so I am still not much further in understanding what precisely it is, so far what I know is:
-14carat gold omega watch with 10carat gold-plated bracelet (I think they’re all original, i.e. they were not changed since my grandmother got them)
-The model seems to be 620, I think
-The horologist reckoned it’s 1940-1945
-It works and apparently is really smooth when winding
-Barely any scratches (it looks even better now, as the outside pics are before the lady polished the bracelet).
So, primarily I’d like to know what is it and then if at some point I’d like to sell it, what would be the best way of going about it? (I’m in UK).
Thank you in advance for your help.

It is worth almost nothing on the open market except someone would buy it and melt the case for money and throw out the rest. It's just a generic women's watch, not necessarily part of any product line. Date is going to be newer than the early 40s. The serial number is the 8-digit number on the movement but it's very hard to see in your pictures.

That it is part of your family history implies some care should be taken and I hope you would keep it in the family, perhaps for a daughter or niece.

That it winds and runs doesn't mean you should, necessarily. The oils are likely long-ago dried out and could cause wear.

Thanks for that! Really helpful😀

It is worth almost nothing on the open market except someone would buy it and melt the case for money and throw out the rest. It's just a generic women's watch, not necessarily part of any product line. Date is going to be newer than the early 40s. The serial number is the 8-digit number on the movement but it's very hard to see in your pictures.

That it is part of your family history implies some care should be taken and I hope you would keep it in the family, perhaps for a daughter or niece.

That it winds and runs doesn't mean you should, necessarily. The oils are likely long-ago dried out and could cause wear.

Ranfft indicates the movement was made from 1960 to 1973. Yours would be somewhere in that era. I didn’t see a serial number on the movement. The case back is marked 14-karat gold. The bracelet is an after market gold plated one. Don’t expect to find any offers for more than the scrap value of the case. All in all, it appears to be in decent shape. It’s likely worth more to someone in the family whose sense of the sentimental aspect would be added value over and above the scrap value of the case.

I didn’t see a serial number on the movement.
It's definitely hiding. The lug that appears top-most in the movement picture, the serial is on the little block-looking thing next to it. You can see it's a stamping when you zoom it up but good luck decyphering it, because I sure couldn't!

The arrow points to what I believe might be the serial number of the movement. Knowing the serial number will only give an indication of when it was made. But knowing that will in no way change anything. It is a good looking watch IMO. But as has been indicated, there not much of a market for used women’s watches.

Watch is most likely from the 60s based on hand style and indexes.

Being that it's an Omega. It has value. Not as much as a mens model of the same design due to size, but for a women it's a good quality watch.

If your selling. AS mentioned. Not going to get much. As it's an Omega. Maybe 25% over gold value of the case, Maybe more as it's clean and in nice condition.

If you're going to keep it. Get rid of the bracelet and put a simple slim black leather strap on it. Get it serviced which would cost about $150 or so depending on location.

Before agreeing to any service. Take notes from the watchmaker and come back here and post what he/she told you including price.

Some watchmakers could be unscrupulous and take advantage of people if they feel they can get away with it and charge more than they should

DON

Appears to be a fairly tightly woven upholstery fabric, taupe in color.