Vintage Omega found in antique store. Doubting if it's real...

Hi all who read this,

in an antique store I found a vintage Omega watch, which I am doubting to be real since there is no logo on the dial. There is however a logo on the screw...

Is there anyone who can help me out just by seeing the pictures I attached?

Thanks in advance! IMG_0502.jpeg IMG_0503.jpeg IMG_0504.jpeg IMG_0501.jpeg

I will help you. Turn around and walk the other direction, without the watch.

I will help you. Turn around and walk the other direction, without the watch.

Because of the redone dial or the not so good condition? Or do you doubt the authenticity? IMO this model did exist.

I have no clue as to whether there is such a model, but the dial and the condition are horrible.

It's real but in really poor condition. What is it about it that attracts you to it?

Not worth it, bad condition, would cost a lot to make it looks good again

It's real but in really poor condition. What is it about it that attracts you to it?
My girlfriend really likes the smaller, somewhat cute watches. That's what attracts her to it.
I haven't been into the vintage watches too much, so haven't done a lot of research. We accidentally saw this when walking in an antique store.
But it is real you say? But in really terrible condition?
We got told it's a 1950's Omega, so I kind of get it isn't in top condition haha

We didn't pay a lot of money for it. And it still runs pretty okay (I believe). It is a manual wind, and after a few hours the time is still correct. So I'm hoping it will keep running okay

Nice gold filled ones can be found on eBay for $50 - $75, even solid gold ones for a couple hundred. They are not particularly sought after and are plentiful.

Loads on EBay and probably for less money

Okay, well thanks a lot all!
What do you recommend doing? Returning it or getting another strap for it and enjoy it till it breaks?

Depends what you paid. If it was $50 keep it, no harm done.
If it was $350 I’d be getting a refund if the sellers accepts. Really though, this research should be done before buying. Otherwise, unless the seller misdescribed the watch, you’re messing them about.

You can find nicer on eBay, but it will take time and effort. And if you don't value a hunt, then well, just keep that one.

I would return it.

You can clearly seel where the gold plating is completely worn away on the back even the base metal is eroded in one area.

Screen Shot 2024-08-17 at 12.04.41 PM.png

You can clearly seel where the gold plating is completely worn away on the back even the base metal is eroded in one area.
Not to mention the missing marker at 5 o'clock and all the other mis-aligned markers and bad redial.