Forums Latest Members
  1. dfkafka Nov 17, 2014

I am really considering buying this watch and I just wanted some second opinions on it. Everything to me looks to be in order although I don't believe the crown is correct. Also I don't see any serial numbers on the bracelet so I am not sure if it is original or not.

Is this watch worth it or could it be a Frankenwatch?

Thanks for any and all advice.

LINKPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 17, 2014

The crown is incorrect but otherwise the watch seems to be fine. What would make you think this is a franken watch?
    I like the f300 watches and have a few examples. Keep in mind that there are only a limited number of individuals willing to work on these. Many of the parts are NLA, so if you need a replacement part you typically have to find a working donor movement.

3. dfkafka Nov 17, 2014

Thanks.

I actually own a f300 Constellation and I know what you mean about the servicing. So far I've never had any major problems and fingers crossed I don't run into any. Well my concerns were about the crown not being correct and the bracelet not being a real Omega. I guess frankenwatch wasn't the right term, haha. Also do you know if the back case is correct? I am pretty sure that it is but I am not 100%

If I am not mistake you can often use pieces out of Accutrons for repair to these Omegas?

4. rogart ray it again, Ram. Nov 22, 2014

I own two f300 omega watches .One of them needs some service . Found out much about them on the internet . You can find a lot of new parts for them . Their is a company in Germany doing new date rings in metal . They also have a lot of other parts for the f300 watches . Their is also a comapny doing repairs on the "hummers" in Great Britain . Great watch btw .

5. Sherbie Nov 22, 2014

Hi there, your watch is completely genuine, including case back ( although pitted), and second hand ( the second hand only just reaches the hour markers, and not the chapter ring). I have the stainless steel version, and currently is losing 2s per day, over the past month. Paul at electric watches on the south coast ( brighton area from memory) can service these, and does a brilliant job ( he has done two of mine in the past year)

Good catch, cheers, paul