Forums Latest Members
  1. gpmail May 3, 2017

I purchased this some years back for a few hundred pounds from a local jeweller as I wanted to own an Omega but couldn't stretch to a modern piece at the time. It was sold as a vintage De Ville but no indication of the date. It has a lovely sweeping second hand but sadly runs fast, the crown parts company from the watch if I try to adjust the time forwards (ok going back), has damage on the back and the strap is not original. Also do not know how to take the case back off so cant get any indication of the true date.

Now a proud wearer of a modern Seamaster Planet Ocean, this sits in a drawer unloved.

Does it look like it is worth investing any tlc in the piece or shall it remain for ever more in the company of my socks? watch2.jpg watch99.jpg

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 3, 2017

It looks like someone tried to pry the back off.

gpmail likes this.
  3. gpmail May 3, 2017

Sure looks that way, should have paid more attention when I bought it but just wanted an OMEGA lol

4. DON May 3, 2017

Back looks like crap, but a nice looking dial. Clean linen design. Not much aging, hands and indexes look nice and signed crystal.

Crown not original, but nothing major. If you can get it cleaned for a reasonable price. Do it. Will make a nice dress watch when needed.

DON

gpmail likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 3, 2017

I agree, nice dial/hands and front of case. A service and a crown will make this a very attractive watch.

I don't know what to do about the gouges in the caseback. Maybe speak to a jeweller about gold soldering, or just clean them and use epoxy to stop further corrosion.

gpmail likes this.