Forums Latest Members
  1. fourty2 Nov 27, 2014

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and to Omega watches in general.
    I've got a vintage Omega De Ville watch with blue dial. According to this page ( http://poshtime.com/Omega-De-Ville-166.053-c.1970_496.083.php ) it's a very rar model. Unfortunately I can't find any informations about this watch even not within the Omega online-database. At least not by searching based on the model-number.

So, my question is does somebody know this model? What do you think how much is it worth? Technically the watch seems to be fine. So, should I sell it (it's a little bit to small for me to wear) or should I keep it because of a potential appreciation?

Thanks

2. NT931 Nov 27, 2014

Hi, you can find the model by searching in the Omega vintage database using '166.0053' (note the extra zero). Seems to fit the watch shown at the Poshtime website.

3. fourty2 Nov 27, 2014

yes, thats it! Seems to be a different style but the same model. Thanks for the hint.

And what do you guys think about the value and potential appreciation?

4. imt58 Nov 27, 2014

Already sold, how much were they asking? The 1958 Seamaster they have has a yellow gold crown instead of rose gold, the dial isn't as crisp as my 1956 one and they want more than £200 more than I paid for mine if that helps.

5. fourty2 Nov 27, 2014

I don't know. I didn't bought the watch. I was just looking it up on the internet and the Poshtime page was the only one where I found that model.

Ohh... I was expecting something like $ 500+

6. imt58 Nov 27, 2014

It maybe worth more if it is a rare model. I don't have anywhere near the knowledge most of the guys on here have. Don't forget 350 GBP is $550 US at current rates.