Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega De Ville, any help with the identification?

1. Tiberius Apr 22, 2018

Hello Omega community. I will try to do my best and post this accordingly. I have had an Omega De Ville for the better past of 15 years, though I have admittedly never worn it because I don't like gold. I have done a little research and found that it is a 198.003 F300, 1260 ST referred to as the Tuning Fork model.

If anyone has any more info they would like to add I would appreciate it.

I added the strap last year, thought it might make me wear it.

cheers.

IMG_2411.JPG IMG_2412.JPG IMG_2413.JPG
  2. Jdean1974 May 3, 2018

I love F300 watches. I have learned through my own errors that it’s good to get them serviced every 5 years or so. These are great watches and why they don’t fetch more than they do is nuts. I didn’t add much, sorry. I’m new here and this was my first response.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  3. Seaman May 4, 2018

Hi

You could open the case back and find yourself all the info you will need. Case back reference, caliber serial number etc..
    If you just don't want to open it..maybe someone here can tell you those details..

Regards

4. JackDaniels83 May 6, 2018

Nice watch. You bought a less common day-date version with caliber 1260. I have all kind of tuning fork watches and like them a lot.

5. padders Oooo subtitles! May 6, 2018

See www.electric-watches.co.uk for a whole lot more info on these. DeVille branded hummers are pretty rare, most were branded Genève, Seamaster or Connie, though in reality the differences are minimal.

The 1260 Day-date is marginally more reliable than the 1250 date only movement as the latter use thin plastic date wheels which often deteriorate and fail.