Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega crystal woes, does anyone have a spare PZ5200?

1. tony72cutlass's' Feb 25, 2015

Hello All,

I just picked up a vintage omega and it's snowing a bit today in nova scotia. I noticed when i got back to the office that there was some condensation inside the watch. it's gone now but i have to worry that the crystal allowed some water past... Does anyone have a spare PZ5200 to sell?

The gasket has been replaced and i will get a professional watchmaker to check the stem.

From what i can see this watch has never been serviced (tell me if you think otherwise because i see no markings inside the case, turned screws, etc.

How much should i be paying for a cleaning,reassembly service?

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 25, 2015

I'd say the crown seal is the more likely culprit.

tony72cutlass's' likes this.
  3. tony72cutlass's' Feb 25, 2015

is there a good way to verify that? I'm itching to get this to my watch technician but he's open mon-fri 8-4 and i'll have to take some time off work to go...

:S

not sure it was smart but as soon as i unboxed the watch i wound it up and it's been running pretty strong for a day now.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 25, 2015

Crown and/or case tube likely need replacing. I would not run it too much before getting it serviced. This can be a very accurate watch if serviced by someone who knows what they are doing, but if it gets all worn out then things will slide for sure. I like servicing these personally - they are usually a no drama movement...

I'm going to say it's likely been serviced at least once, because someone scratched the dial around the center while removing the hands by the looks of things...

Does the crustal have an Omega symbol in the middle? If not, I would probably replace it at service.

Cheers, Al

PS - I thought we had it bad here in Ontario, but cripes you guys have been hit hard this winter!

JohnSteed likes this.
  5. tony72cutlass's' Feb 25, 2015

Hi Al, Thanks for your post!

I just moved here from Quebec for a new job and WOW we've been getting just dumped with snow. I looked outside the window at 4:30 and it had snowed about 10 inches…

Thats exactly what i'll do, i'll let it run out and put it in a safe place until i can find someone that can service it. Would you happen to know anyone i could send my geneve to get serviced or maybe do you offer service? There's definitely no omega mark on the inside of the crystal. I was looking around for a crystal and it seems ofrei offers them for around 36 plus shipping.

Thanks!
    -Tony

6. tony72cutlass's' Feb 28, 2015

Thanks to all that messaged for this inquiry but @Archer has kindly agreed to service my watch!