Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Omega Constellation Ref. 167.005. Cal. 551

1. toddle321 Oct 5, 2015

Up for grabs is a very nice Omega stainless steel Constellation chronometer 167.005 cal. 551 from 1963. This is a beautiful example; I believe everything to be original with the exception of the signed replacement crown. The dial is stunning and very clean, the little mark over the 8:00 marker in the first or second photo is just residual polywatch that was on the crystal when I took the picture. The case is in good shape with its original bevels on the lugs, the watch overall has small dings and scratches commensurate with its age. The caliber 551 automatic movement keeps time, but I do not know the service history. I recommend that you have it serviced if you plan to wear the watch regularly. The watch comes on the pictured black leather strap.

The Constellation is priced at $775 US net to me; CONUS shipping is included via FedEx 2-day with ParcelPro. International shipping is also via FedEx at cost less $30. Payment via paypal (if you have references), bank wire or Chase Quickpay. My references are in the seller section or OF or of course available upon request. The watch is located in Chicago, but I am headed to Hershey, PA for the AACA car show on Wednesday morning if you happen to live in that direction.

Thank you, and please let me know if you have any questions or need additional pictures. :thumbsup:

1.JPG 1a.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.jpg
  2. toddle321 Oct 9, 2015

Bumpity bump

3. PatrickJ Oct 9, 2015

Forgive me for asking is the dial original? What made me ask is the way O and M appears in automatic and chronometer. I am not disrespecting your watch, I am relatively new to this it is just an observation. I hope I am wrong.

4. toddle321 Oct 9, 2015

I think what you are seeing is just the pictures. I believe it original and bought it from a respected forum mod. Would welcome other opinions obviously

PatrickJ likes this.
  5. PatrickJ Oct 9, 2015

Probably is the picture, a very clean looking watch and movement.

6. Hijak Oct 9, 2015

Dial looks totally origional to me...a very nice watch at a very good price IMO!:thumbsup:

Jacquot, toddle321 and PatrickJ like this.
  7. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Oct 9, 2015

+1 -distortion caused by the crystal I reckon
    The letters change shape if you look at the second pic
    Lovely non date Connie
    GLWS

PatrickJ likes this.
  8. PatrickJ Oct 9, 2015

Good stuff, it is a sparkling clean example. Nice watch.