Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega Constellation or Seamaster!

1. Peppe Feb 8, 2014

For a while now I have been looking for my first vintage Omega, but I am struggling to find the right watch and the right seller.

I am open for any suggestions you might have, but to give some indications of what I am looking for:

- Preferrably a Constellation (not necessarily a pie-pan)...
    - ...but why not a nice Seamaster
    - Automatic
    - Cal 55x, 56x or 75x
    - White or black dial
    - Steel case (not gold)
    - Very good condition! This is a must.

Could for example look like below but I am very open for suggestions:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pictures are borrowed, but hopefully I will not get charged with anything :)

I'm from Sweden, so for customs purposes it might be easiest if I find a seller in Europe. But please correct me if I am wrong.

Appreciate any help to find my first vintage watch!

Per

2. ulackfocus Feb 8, 2014

Look for a late 60's Seamaster 166.032 caliber 75x (non-chronometer) or it's chronometer brother 168.023 with a caliber 751. They're not rare and often come up in excellent condition for anywhere from $500 - $1000. We call them the "Seamaster Sparkle" because of the dial.

[​IMG]

You can sometimes find late 60's / early 70's Constellations with the ultra-thin caliber 71x inside for under $1000 too. Lots of dial variety - here's my favorite:

[​IMG]

Seamaster 30's and 600's from the early 60's are pretty nice and they're affordable too - right Hijak?

3. Peppe Feb 9, 2014

Thanks for the hint ulackfocus! I am not sure how I feel about the sparkle dials, but to be honest I have never seen one in real life. But people on this forum seem to like them a lot :) So I would definitely be open for this model as well. Model looks great!

Love the ultra-thin ones. Really do. But they seem to be rather small; correct? The ones I have found are 33mm without crown, but I would want the watch to be around 35mm at the minimum.

So please drop me a PM if you have anything that seem to fit my descriptions. In the meanwhile I will continue looking.

Thanks!

4. Hijak Feb 11, 2014

:oops: Sorry Dennis & Peppe, didn't see this till now...and yes they sure are! Here are my SM 600 and De Ville both in your price range...

Wrist Shot, 3.JPG

Wrist Shot, 7.JPG

You can dress them up or down with your strap choice, they are quite versatile.:thumbsup:

5. epl108 Feb 11, 2014

[future reference]

6. Pasbru Feb 17, 2014

7. Peppe Feb 17, 2014

Hi,

Thanks. I did. I'm not sure I like the colour of the dial to be honest. I like it to be more towards white or at least more similar to the ones suggested above by my self or ulackfocus. Just for the record black would be great as well.

Also Brisbane felt like it is the other side of the world... which it in fact also is for me :)

Thanks a lot for keeping me in mind! Appreciated!

Per

8. Pasbru Feb 17, 2014

Just saw that so I thought to send it along, good luck. Cheers

9. Peppe Feb 17, 2014

All help and all hints going my way on this one is more than appreciated. All of a sudden it will be the right one popping up.