Forums Latest Members
  1. RJwatches Aug 13, 2016

Hi guys!

This is my first post so I'll quickly introduce myself, my name is Robert and I'm a 21 year old student from The Netherlands. I've been collecting Omega watches since a year and a half. Right now I own a 145.022 Speedmaster sold the same month I was born in 1995, a Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial, and a Geneve linen dial on a mint BoR bracelet. First two are also in my avatar.

I'd like to expand my collection with a simple vintage Omega chronograph, ideally a 101.010 but even a two register chronograph would do. Though I've found that not many vintage watch shops have these on stock. I've been stalking the local ebay for months but no luck yet.

Anything that has the simple style of this:
    [​IMG]

Does anybody know why these have become so scarce? Also I'm not even picky, I love patina (even the ugly kind of patina) and still I have no luck!

Would love it if someone could help me out!

Kind regards,
    Robert

Holma20 and blufinz52 like this.
  2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Aug 13, 2016

Welcome to the forum!

I wish I could help you. However if you keep your eye on the Private Sales forum or browse the Watches for Sale forum you might get lucky.

Good Luck!

3. Edward53 Aug 14, 2016

Hi Robert
    Welcome to OF. I'd like a good Omega chronograph myself but I'm not sure I can justify spending what it will take. I presume you have seen these two:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-SEA...212798?hash=item1eb63913be:g:kIsAAOSw4s9Xk3NkPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Omeg...dd2bb90&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=131906212798Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    I don't really know chronographs but these look good to me, though I'd be a bit put off by the Türler on the dial of the first one. Neither one exactly cheap but still a lot less than a 321 Speedmaster.
    Best of luck with your search!

4. Northernman Lemaniac Aug 14, 2016

Hi and welcome!
    Türler mark may actually command a premium for some collectors.
    Both are overpriced IMO.
    I strongly suggest keeping an eye on the FS section of this forum.

Many cal 321 Omega chronographs have been butchered for use in Speedmaster projects. That partly explains why you don't see so many in the wild.

You may also want to check out Lemania branded ones. They actually made the Omega chronographs from the 30s and way into the 70s/80s.
    The movement designs are all Lemania.
    Cal 27/23xx equals the Omega 32x.

Happy hunting!

khmt2 likes this.
  5. RJwatches Aug 14, 2016

Thanks for the suggestions! I like the turler dial, think it's something you don't see everyday. But the price is a bit high as you mentioned. I'll keep an eye on the for sale section! Thanks guys!