Forums Latest Members
  1. seamonster Respectable Member Aug 27, 2013

Respectable Members

Best is to own a vintage Omega watch or its accessories. Since I cannot afford one at this time, the next best thing is to buy and sell for close-friends. Usually my friends are happy, when I purchased on their behalf but as for the last one, a Rolex Daytona deployant buckle in 18k solid gold, I got caught.

Probably the seller had no intention to deceive but I think, he is ignorant. His ignorance caused me, sleepless nights.

http://omegaforums.net/threads/can-i-make-a-claim-for-a-counterfeit-item.6253/

Thank God, with the help and advice of our respectable forum members, it is hoped the issue will be resolved, soon. From now on, I will make a point to ask, before purchasing any item on eBay.

This next potential purchase is an item which a friend has shown interest in. It is listed by a reputable eBayer, according to this forum. Still, I would rather ask first before committing - once beaten, twice shy. What do you think of this vintage Omega box?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14104540653...IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thank-you.

box1.JPG
  2. John R Smith Aug 27, 2013

It looks very nice, and specifically for the Seamaster. I would guess early to mid 1950s.

3. flame Speedmaster Neil Aug 27, 2013

Hi

Ronnie (the Seller) is a member here....recommended anyway & the Box looks good to me.

Best - Neil

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 27, 2013

I have the same box from a 1955 Seamaster, it looks good to me. :thumbsup:

5. mac_omega Aug 27, 2013

But it is missing the "interior" where the watch sits! This reduces value dramatically.

6. John R Smith Aug 27, 2013

Very true. But people in the past would always take these out, to use the box as a general jewellery, cuff-links, tie-clips etc box. So the interiors are very often missing. I would still expect this one to fetch good money . . .

7. ctime3 Aug 27, 2013

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I could not find anything exact in a "The Book" but since one guy said it is similar I would listen to him.

8. ulackfocus Aug 27, 2013

Yep, mid to late 50's. Its one of the boxes that came with the chunky lugged Seamasters. The date at 6 models had a brown flat box with wide weave material.

9. seamonster Respectable Member Aug 30, 2013

Respectable Member mac_omega

Is there any chance you or any respectable member of this forum, be able to show the 'interior' of this box?

To those respectable members who have responded regarding the authenticity of this vintage Omega box, I appreciate.

Thank-you.

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 30, 2013

The box is original and correct from around 1950. It is exactly the same as the well know early red Constellation boxes, except it is green. You can see an example of the Constellation version with the insert in Mondodec's article here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/61zvm9hfz2r1b3n/Omega Constellation Boxes.pdf

I have the same exact box (also without the insert), except mine just says "Omega Precision Watch" inside.

It's a nice one,
    gatorcpa

11. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 30, 2013

12. seamonster Respectable Member Aug 31, 2013

Respectable Member gatorcpa

Since it is the same with the red Constellation box, there is a chance of getting one

Respectable Member X350 XJR

It is a nice and clean example which you have. It is different from the later ones.

Thank-you.

Thank-you,