Forums Latest Members
  1. Prabstar1 Jan 16, 2018

Hi guys,

I'm new to vintage watches (and watches in general). I am looking to buy an Omega online. Could someone please advise on it's authenticity? The strap is not original and was aftermarket.

Omega serial number.jpg omega watch 1.jpg omega watch 2.jpg omega watch 3.jpg omega watch 4.jpg
  2. GuiltyBoomerang Jan 16, 2018

South Korean redial. Avoid (even though it looks pretty.)

Prabstar1 likes this.
  3. Prabstar1 Jan 16, 2018

so it is fake?

4. Hnansen Jan 16, 2018

No, not a fake. But the dial has been repainted, which lowers its value greatly.

Prabstar1 likes this.
  5. Prabstar1 Jan 16, 2018

I am looking to wear this everyday, rather than trade it. Could I get the dial sorted at a later date if i wanted to sell it?
    I am still new to this. I just wanted a nice watch to wear that is vintage and of high swiss quality...

6. GuiltyBoomerang Jan 16, 2018

You'd probably end up paying more for a dial and the watch than just buying a nice vintage from the Private Sales Forums here. Why worry about the dial later on if you can get a great watch with an original dial?

Prabstar1 likes this.
  7. Prabstar1 Jan 16, 2018

i will check out the private sales forum here. It was just the burgandy and gold colorway - it isreally drawing my eye to it. I can imagine wearing the watch with pride...

8. Prabstar1 Jan 16, 2018

and not to question your guys' knowledge - but how do you know it is not fake? is it the serial number?