Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega 3953 Sc, Need Some Info On This Watch

1. relichunter724 Apr 28, 2013

My best friend give me this watch so I could take it to my watch guy to have the movement cleaned and oiled but once I got it back I couldn't keep my eyes off of it, I hounded my friend about buying this watch and he had no choice but to sell it to me. I really fell in love with this watch but I can't find much info on it, there is one in fleabay but that watch is 18kt and mine is 14 kt, mine has the original crystal, dial, the only thing not original is the crown. Whatever info you
    can give me would be appreciated. DSC03526.JPG DSC03527.JPG

Busmatt likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Apr 28, 2013

It's a 50's watch with a caliber 353 or 355.

Ω3953.png

Sounds vaguely familiar. :D

3. rick42650 Apr 28, 2013

its a nice watch that has a lot going for it;; solid gold-unusual shaped case with an automatic-date at 6...looks to be in real nice condition!

4. ozmega Apr 28, 2013

Not to mention it's one of the rarer models of the 353/355's, of which I have 6 of including an 18k one, all in the round case (date @ 6).

You only see the odd occasional one of these where I've been looking.

5. relichunter724 Apr 28, 2013

I started collecting Omega Chronographs a while back and that's what I like but I really liked this watch, I liked the condition of the case and dial, I just need to find the omega crown and maybe a nice omega leather band.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 28, 2013

Very nice watch in good condition. The square case and unusual lug has classic looks. Being an uncommon model certainly a big plus.

7. tomvox1 Apr 29, 2013

I totally agree. The sweep seconds Calendar model is really quite rare. Even the auction catalogs have very few in their archives. One mostly sees this case with the subseconds sans date. Also, the fact that this watch has a very similar case to the square "Cosmic" Triple Date is a big plus, IMO:

[​IMG]
    (Former watch of mine with well done refinished dial)

Obviously, it is not a water resistant model, which some collectors are not comfortable with, and 18k will always add some value. But in terms of scarcity, I would have to say that in 14k this is still a very collectible dress model and probably undervalued...if you can find one. ;)
    Yours also has an excellent original dial, which is always pivotal, and the case is very nice and not overpolished.
    Congrats! :thumbsup:
    Best,
    T.

Busmatt likes this.
  8. relichunter724 May 1, 2013

A while back a friend offered a similar watch in very nice condition I don't remember if it had the same lugs, if I'm not mistaken he want it 2k and I didn't buy it, I regret not doing it.
    Some people like rolex watches but I'm an omega freak and I like breitlings, I wasn't a breitling fan until I got one in near mint condition, now I have 3 breitling chronos.