Forums Latest Members
  1. darrenyap1997 Feb 1, 2017

Hi guys its my 2nd thread here. I wanna ask some questions about this watch too:
    1. Is the watch an authentic omega?
    2. is the dial original (what seller claim)
    3. what is the worth of this watch

Here are the details of the watch:
    -WATERPROOF “SEASERPENT” CASE, ORIGINAL SILVER SATIN DIAL AND OMEGA CROWN!
    -SILVER/SATIN ORIGINAL FACTORY 100% ORIGINAL DIAL SIGNED “OMEGA SEAMASTER DeVILLE” AND -“SWISS MADE” IN VERY TINY LETTERS AT THE VERY BOTTOM
    -HIGH GRADE AND VERY COLLECTABLE 17 JEWEL CALIBER 601, 360 degree WIND AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT
    -THE SERIAL NUMBER ON THIS WATCH IS 25,039,XXX, WHICH PUTS PRODUCTION IN 1967

for.jpg one.jpg tree.jpg two.jpg
  2. François Pépin Feb 1, 2017

Looks legit to me.

But the seller's description is weird: 360 degree WIND AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT... He must have made a confusion with a full rotor automatic - which of course the 601 is not. Or je made a mistake about the caliber. Any pic of the movement?

3. François Pépin Feb 1, 2017

Actually, it could be a one piece case, so not a one every seller could take out the movement from to take a pic...

Usually, the movements are in a better shape in those cases - because they offer a good protection but also because people cannot easyly touch the movement! But I would prefer to see the movement before buying the watch, unless it is cheap.

4. Watchhog Feb 1, 2017

The 601 is Not automatic. The Watch has a one Piece case, movement to Be Taken out though the Crystal.
    IT Looks all legit, but its a Small 34 mm Watch. Worthpoint 300-400 usd.

5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Feb 1, 2017

One thing is very strange on your dial.
    You said
    -THE SERIAL NUMBER ON THIS WATCH IS 25,039,XXX, WHICH PUTS PRODUCTION IN 1967
    And from what I know, Omega started to put T next to Swiss Made on lumed dials around 21 million serial #.
    Your dial is lumed and hands have lume too, but no T next to Swiss Made.
    I guess the original hands were replaced by lumed hands and lumed plots were added to hours markers later?

Your watch might look like this long time ago.

2017-02-01_12-02-33.jpg

6. darrenyap1997 Feb 1, 2017

He said waterproof casing are harder to remove and he did not possess the skills

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 1, 2017

I don't like this one, don't know why. It just doesn't look right to me.

Maybe it's the crystal making the dial look like it's too small for the case.

The " - SWISS MADE - " looks like it should be for dials with a large index or numeral at 6 where the words are either side of the index/number.
    The markings should be like the one posted by @hoipolloi.

The index markers are also rather corroded.

The Ω on the crown is wrong for this period, so a replacement crown, not a big issue but small things add up.

Your other choice is better.

8. François Pépin Feb 1, 2017

Ok. But how does he know the caliber and the serial number then?

9. darrenyap1997 Feb 2, 2017

he told me he is not selling it because he made a mistake with the caliber. now he updated me and the caliber is actually 562

10. darrenyap1997 Feb 2, 2017

this is a risky one. i wont get it. Thank guys for all your help!

11. François Pépin Feb 2, 2017

I makes sense... And it makes sense too that you do not buy this watch!