Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega 145.012 HELP with some questions.....Thx!!

1. Pasbru Oct 6, 2013

Hi Everyone...I thank you for you help in advance:

I have a Speemaster question...I recently purchase a Speedmaster from someone who has a known website and on the site he mentions some different locations. I have a question regarding Patina....He said it was purchased from the original owner who had it sitting in his safe for the last 20 years...I am going to attach a photo of the watch I purchased, when I enlarge it on windows photo viewer I noticed this on the markers...since they are square when enlarged on my screen it appears the Patina is not fully covering the square of the entire marker...to your knowledge is there a way to paint the markers to make them appear that they have a faux Patina, which I think I have heard of this in the past , could this be perhaps its hard for you guys to enlarge the photo here, so not sure if I have some personal emails can send it along to anyone who might want to help. I will welcome any other noticeable things that I might have missed as well. Any help would be awesome! Because before I question this with the seller I wanted to ask around first. Because if this is the case not sure how I should feel about that. Thanks again Guys! Main1.JPG

2. michael e Still learning. Oct 6, 2013

The tritium looks fine to me, what you might be seeing is the white paint underneath it. The watch looks like a beauty.
    Thanks Mick

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 6, 2013

I agree with Mick. Looks good.

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 6, 2013

Sure you could paint it with tinted lume to simulate aging, but nothing jumps out at me to indicate that yours is bogus. The lume flakes over time, so some irregularity of outline and show of the underlying white pain is not unexpected.

5. pitpro Likes the game. Oct 6, 2013

Agree with all of above-
    Original dial and lume
    It's fine

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Oct 6, 2013

Don't touch that dial - you will only ruin it! It is in very nice shape as is.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 6, 2013

Don't touch a thing, looks like a beauty.

8. ulackfocus Oct 6, 2013

Buttercream is the best flavor of tritium.

That's a seriously NFW man.

9. Pasbru Oct 6, 2013

Thanks Guys!!! I feel a lot better, and thanks for all the kind words...all the best to you and Enjoy your watches mates!