Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Ollech & Wajs Big Eye Regatta Chrono

1. AESTime May 15, 2017

Up for sale is my beautiful Ollech & Wajs Big Eye Regatta Chronograph in mint condition.

Ollech & Wajs, an I independent watch house in Zurich Switzerland were known for producing quality tool watches at affordable prices. Through the implementation of a unique sales and distribution strategy they established a strong consumer base in the USA and U.K. military markets. One of the few brands to avoid the quartz crisis, O&W were responsible for some very unique and eye catching designs in the 50s, 60s and 70s and managed to so with a reputation of building robust reliable watches.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ollech_&_Wajs

http://ow-watch.com/historic.html

This by far is one of the cleanest vintage watches I've owned,
    - The dial and hands are sharp, clean and clear.
    - The hands and markers have a beautiful even cream patina.
    - The 37mm 20ATM dive case is solid stainless steel with bidirectional bezel (lume dot and paint still clear) and as you can see from the photos has a huge wrist presence because of the depth of the case.
    - beautifully finished O&W Signed movement is a Venus 188 manual wind chronograph, just returned from a service so running smoothly and chrono functioning correctly.

- Caseback is marked clearly and shows no evident signs of wear and tear.
    - comes on NOS NSA Swiss made bracelet.

A truly eye catching watch that is well built and relatable. A beautiful addition to any vintage collection.

Price: $1450 USD net OBO. Shipping worldwide.

Please consider images as part of the description and contact me for any further information. Multiple references avail. at request.

Thanks Omega Forum for the space.

IMG_3755.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

IMG_3754.JPG

IMG_3757.JPG

Edited Jun 7, 2017
    Lonestar likes this.
  2. AESTime Jun 5, 2017

Bump!
    Including NOS NSA Swiss vintage bracelet.

3. Edward53 Jun 6, 2017

Looks like a Venus 188 to me, which however is not a bad thing!

4. AESTime Jun 6, 2017

In that case I should lift the price. Joking. Haha

5. Edward53 Jun 6, 2017

I have 2 chronos with the same movement as supplied by Venus. O&W have put their own deluxe finish on this one and the watch is a blinder. Unfortunately I am on the wrong side of the Atlantic and I really do not need any more chronographs!

AESTime likes this.
  6. AESTime Jun 19, 2017

OHPF

7. AESTime Jun 19, 2017

Sold. Thanks OF for the space. Appreciate it.