Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Nicolet Panda Chronograph, "Super Waterproof", Stainless Steel (42mm!), Valjoux 7734, 1970s

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 11, 2016

1970s Nicolet chronograph in outstanding vintage condition
    Excellent "Panda" dial, unusual cross-hatched applied hour markers
    Large (42mm) stainless steel cushion case with original starburst finish
    Swiss made and powered by a Valjoux caliber 7734 manual movement.
    Vintage tropic-style waterproof strap

Dial & Hands : Desireable "Panda" dial with the original finish - in great vintage condition. Stainless steel hour/minute/sweep chrono hands, all correct for this reference. Stainless steel dial furniture with an unusual cross-hatch finish. All of the dial text & markings are in clear and unfaded condition. "Roulette" calendar wheel alternates red & black on the odd/even dates. I do not believe the hands are relumed

Case: Excellent stainless steel case in excellent vintage condition with some normal signs of wear - please review the pictures and judge for yourself. Has surely been worn, but with care, and still retains the original caseback sticker. Highly distinctive case with starburst top finish & polished sides.

The case is quite large for a vintage watch, but wears very well as it is well proportioned and not overly thick. Approximately 48mm lug to lug, 42mm w/out crown, 47 mm with, and 13.5 mm thick. Despite the "Super Waterproof" name, due to its age, this watch absolutely should not be considered waterproof. I repeat... not waterproof.

Movement: Valjoux 7734, a durable manual-wind movement. Running well and keeping accurate time, start/stop/reset chrono functions working as they should. No movement photo available as I do not have the tools or skill to open it. As an added feature, the date complication on this movement is semi-quick set - move back and forth between 10:00pm and 2:00am to easily and quickly advance the date. Service history is not known, and a service is recommended.

Comes with a Nicolet-signed box and warranty card, which I do not believe accompanied this watch when originally sold, but nonetheless makes a nice set.

Please review the pictures carefully as they are an important an integral part of the description. All photos were taken by me yesterday in natural light and are unretouched.

Offered at US$755, including PP fees and US-shipping. Offers are welcome, I always prefer a quick and frictionless transaction here on OF. Non-US buyers contact me for shipping arrangements and cost.

Happy to answer any questions - just shoot me a message.

Returns: This watch is being sold "as is" with no returns. Before you buy, please read the full details above & review the pictures carefully as they are an important & integral part of the description. Please do your own research and buy fully informed.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited Jun 11, 2016
    redline2552, x3no, Vitezi and 3 others like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 15, 2016