Forums Latest Members
  1. Tri-national-man Apr 2, 2019

ok hi forum members.. i know of an apparently mil spec seamaster 300 big triangle is going to be available.. it has a plain back though with no markings. He’s ordered an extract.. If this states this watch is indeed mil spec and delivered to MoD what ballpark figure for a rough one? Photos to follow soon!!!

Edited Apr 3, 2019
    Etp095 likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 2, 2019

Without photos...
    [​IMG]

Etp095, DaveK, chronoboy64 and 9 others like this.
  3. Vintagewtchzilla Apr 2, 2019

i know apparently it will be NOT cheap
    my guess is 8 to 60k, hope this helps

but a pic is worth more than a thousand words ..... so

Dash1 likes this.
  4. Tri-national-man Apr 2, 2019

Ok let’s rephrase question..
    Whats the least payed for a milseamaster at auction recently?

Syrte likes this.
  5. simonsays Apr 2, 2019

No markings is a big minus, impossible to tell if it is Navy or Army, does the dial have a circle T? I am assuming it has fixed bars or it’s not likely to be a Mil Sub. I don’t think the extract will work out without having the military caseback numbers anyway. Omega don’t have that info, I think Silvermans did the modifications.

Manticore likes this.
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 2, 2019

I'm going to suggest looking at the eBay sold listings for the reference you're looking for. You're really not making much of an effort, here.

watchyouwant and JanV like this.
  7. simonsays Apr 2, 2019

It’s clearly mentioned in the remarks and along with the fixed bars is what makes it a Mil Sub

Dash1, NOTSHARP, KingCrouchy and 2 others like this.
  8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 2, 2019

Am I missing something? In the remarks it says "the watch bears a special military engraving 0552 on the outside case back and has fixed bars".

Syrte likes this.
  9. w154 Apr 2, 2019

I’m pretty sure one sold in the last few weeks with a sterile back. Let me have a look...

So I didn’t find it. Maybe I was thinking of the sterile back CWC auto that sold at WOK. Anyway, as others have said is there any chance of some pics ? That would really help...

Edited Apr 2, 2019
  10. greenecollector Apr 2, 2019

As others have said, images would help, as would knowing the serial range, dial configuration, type of crown, inside caseback markings as well as close up images of the fixed bars.‎

Extract will provide information regardless of current caseback state.

Silvermans had nothing to do with marking these watches, not sure where that's come from.

Possibly you mean Goldsmiths.‎

Impossible to value until the questions above are answered IMO.

w154 and Dash1 like this.
  11. Dash1 Apr 2, 2019

In many cases Omega do have that information. I had a sterile back one that they provided info on and back then I didn’t know wether it would have been 0552 or W10, they stated it was engraved 0552 and with fixed bars, much like the extract shown above. Similarly I have obtained extracts for non sterile back watches but have not provided photos or other information to Omega and the extracts have come back correct.

simonsays and Dan S like this.
  12. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 2, 2019

Have you seen any of those on Ebay? They always get flagged on the Military Watch Ressource Forum and all the ones I recall from the past 4 years were sold through British auction houses, or they sometimes appear on forums because someone has found one in their shed.
    It’s very hard to say anything without the pictures because condition will be paramount.
    The skimmed case back will have a huge impact on value, the various bezel and dial variations will also impact as others have noted.

The OP should ask people on MWR.

w154 likes this.
  13. Dash1 Apr 2, 2019

14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 2, 2019

I haven't but I wasn't looking, either.

15. Tri-national-man Apr 2, 2019

Sorry for late reply.. Yes will post photos as soon as I can... Haven’t seen it yet, only been told it has fixed bars..Big triangle and plain back..
    I posted the pic with the extract by mistake.. Saw too late that it indeed did mention the military markings.. Will seek to delete this entry..

16. simonsays Apr 2, 2019

That is interesting. How do you think they know? If Goldsmiths(@greenecollector yes thanks) or the MOD are credited with modifying the watches how do you explain that info getting back to Omega?

17. greenecollector Apr 2, 2019

I don't believe they will know the caseback issue marks however it's really not that hard to work out if it should carry a W10 or 0552 designation since the W10's were only issued in 1967 and in quite a tight serial number range so therefore anything later must be 0552, the first of which were delivered in 1968.

simonsays likes this.
  18. simonsays Apr 2, 2019

Yes that makes sense, but I wouldn’t expect that level of knowledge or detective work from the archives workers. All I would expect without extra pictures or info from the owner would be delivered to the UK?

19. greenecollector Apr 2, 2019

The extract will (usually) state 'delivered to the British Army' or 'delivered to the Royal Navy' - the 'delivered to the UK' was only during the period they decided to not confirm military delivery.

I believe they do have the information as to whom it was sold.

simonsays likes this.
  20. greenecollector Apr 2, 2019

Maybe you're thinking of this one that was at WOK in March 2017?

Sorry, I didn't record the price it sold for.

IMG_20170317_192015.jpg IMG_20170317_192007.jpg