Forums Latest Members

Vintage Longines Chronograph? - My New Watch

1. baudsenseless Mar 3, 2014

I've had a longing for a while to get a omega speed master..... with a huge weakness for the speedsonic. most of the time the ones that come up they are just not "spot on" for me.
    I decided instead i'd look at an automatic speed master ( although manual is a better movement, i know i'll forget to wind it!)

And I bumped into this on ebay..... and bought it!

could be a franken watch, but it seems to fit together too well for that to be the case
    very speedsonic in looks

1970's ish longines chronograph!
    I've tried to find some history and at a bit of a loss!
    Sits nicely on the wrist, very happy with it!

rotor - l 674.2 longines gwc 674
    movement - modified 7750
    case back longines 2351
    Crown - longines
    strap - longines

If any one has any ideas, let me know!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. baudsenseless Mar 3, 2014

I won't be offended if someone says that this is a franken, just would like any input!

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 3, 2014

I seriously doubt it is a franken - it is too "of a piece" and coherent, and it would be pretty hard to put together a matching case & bracelet, inner bezel & dial. But it comes from a fairly anonymous period in Longines' history, after they abandoned their own in-house chronograph movements, and is not one of the better known models from that time (at least I've never seen it before). That said, it is attractive in a chunky, showy 1970s kind of way, there's nothing wrong with a cal. 7750, I bet you got it for a decent price, and the condition looks pretty good, so I'd say things are looking up!

4. ulackfocus Mar 3, 2014

I'd wear that. :thumbsup:

5. danomar Mar 4, 2014

It is legit. Nearly identical versions were branded Certina, Rado, and another few I cannot recall at the moment. I owned a Certina iteration. They are surprisingly comfortable watches to wear.

Your version is a bit well-aged, but that original bracelet with correct end links alone is worth quite a bit. Enjoy!