Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage LeCoultre Futurematic

1. JesperO Dec 10, 2018

I am selling my vintage 50’s LeCoultre Futurematic – a lovely quirky unique piece of horological history that any esteemed WIS at some point must to own.

IMG_0349.JPG

It is a pretty interesting watch that I at least do not see every day (not even on watch forums), with the highlight of having no traditional winding crown. Lots of info on the worldwideweb (read about it here: http://web.archive.org/web/20100703...tunecity.com/marina/breakwater/13/future.html and here http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&th=1778327&rid=12189).

I bought it here at OF 22 months ago from a member who in turn bought it from Zaf Basha, a well-known JLC collector – he has written a JLC ‘bible’ on JLC (Jaeger-LeCoultre; A guide for the collector) .
    The watch was serviced in 2012 before it was sold by Zaf, but I have no written proof of that, so I am selling as service history unknown.

The case measures 35 mm, gold-filled, shows some wear but it is an overall good condition, no dings or major marks. As with gold-filled you see some “smears” on the case and lugs. Lug measures 18 mm. The watch comes with a brown, rather worn leather strap with a gold-tone tang buckle.

The dial is original, with some light and even patina – only one more prominent spot in the second dial just above ‘30’. Hands are original as well.

It has a cal 497 bumber movement. It works well, keeps good time, and setting the time with the wheel at the back is fine. The power reserve works properly as well but you need to move the watch for some time to move the power reserve indicator.

I dare not to open this watch as it has the sliding mechanism in the case back. I hope it is fine that I am re-using the movement and case back images that Zaf allegedly provided upon selling the watch in 2012. See also previous ad here at OF (with permission from previous owner):
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/fs-lecoultre-futurematic-gold-filled.53018/

Pictures below is part of the description. Please let me know if you want any additional.

IMG_0343.JPG IMG_0344.JPG IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0346.JPG IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0348.JPG caseback.jpg movement by zaf.jpg

I am asking 990 EURO, incl tracked shipping to most countries.
    Payment by bank wire preferred, but paypal works (any fees to be picked up by buyer).

It is an old vintage watch so I give no guarantees on the watch being water proof or running within COSC.
    Returns only if not accurately described.

I have done a few deals here at OF and many more on other local watch forums (klocksnack.se) – I am happy to provide references upon request. The watch and I are located in Sweden (tomorrow Tue 11 Dec, I will be in London and can bring the watch for a f2f deal)

2. JesperO Dec 11, 2018

Bump

qboa and AlyasPogi like this.
  3. JesperO Dec 13, 2018

A gentle bump with a reduction to 940 Euros...

4. JesperO Dec 14, 2018

now on hold