Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Le Gran Diver day date

1. khanmu Feb 15, 2018

The watch:
    For sale is my vintage Le Gran dive watch, approx 37mm excl crown. I bought it from a watchmaker who found a box of these unworn and NOS a few years ago, and I've only occasionally worn it. As I'm slimming down and focusing my collection, this one is up for sale - proceeds will be spent here at OF :)

The good:
    - It's in great condition, with a really lovely tritium dial, which is in excellent condition, and with very nice lume plots and original hands - with mercedes and lollipop hands!
    - The case has a couple of scratches, and still has its brushed finish on the top. Sides are shiny but that is how it came - it doesn't appear polished and the lugs are thick and sharp.
    - Bezel rotates in both directions but is a little stiff
    - It comes with the vintage 19mm rubber tropic strap it came on, and I'll include the soft brown suede NATO (which I've worn maybe half a dozen times).
    - Day / date functions change nicely and crown pulls out and screws down properly, and watch seems to keep good time
    - It doesn't come with box and papers, I'll send it in a generic wooden box.

The bad:
    - The case, bracelet and back have some scratches, but nothing too serious
    - The crystal has some scratches, these could be polished out but I haven't
    - I don't think it has been serviced, I haven't had it opened, and I would recommend a service soon

The Price & T&Cs:

- I would like a net amount of £600 OBRO, payment either bank/wire transfer or PP FF, or PP + 3%
    - The price includes insured shipping in the UK and EU - my preference is to use UPS tracked and insured Express.
    - For ROW, I'm willing to split costs, using UPS tracked and insured. You are responsible for customs/import taxes etc
    - I will accept returns if you decide you don't like it when you see it, however return costs are at buyers expense.

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Edited Feb 16, 2018
    Nathan1967 likes this.