Forums Latest Members

Vintage Jumbo Jaeger Lecoutre Powerwind 37mm

1. tuc Nov 17, 2015

I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge about this Vintage JLC. I know it's dial is in rough shape. I read in one of the forums that JLC only made about 100 in 18k but nothing on the S.S. models. I'm just looking for general information
    on the "so-called" jumbo models. I just had a friend tell me that there is nothing really special about the watch but I would like other opinions if possible. I'm thinking of having the dial cleaned up but not refinished.

Thanks,

Tuc

JLC 2.jpg
    Gavin and Skrotis like this.
  2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Nov 17, 2015

Edited Nov 17, 2015
    NT931 likes this.
  3. NT931 Nov 17, 2015

I'm with Gavin on this. This is a rare bird indeed.

'Jumbo' 37mm Powermatics are rather rare, reference pics and discussion can be found here.

To quote Zaf Basha's book (page 150): "The most desirable Powermatic model is the SS or solid gold European market Powerwind in the jumbo 37mm case". He further adds that the case should be a ref E163, in case you get a chance to open it up.

Hope this helps! BTW the minute hand looks bent as well.

4. tuc Nov 17, 2015

Thank you for replying. I will indeed check out the links you guys offered.
    Cool I'm now excited. So much for my friend stating it was nothing special. Thanks for helping. I have a couple more pictures My watch guy took for me.

j1.jpg j2.jpg j3.jpg
    Geo! likes this.
  5. Geo! Nov 17, 2015

I just love the look of that movement. I would be happy to wear it back to front with a display back fitted! :)

6. Delbok Nov 17, 2015

+1 with Gavin and NT931, this one is highly desirable, JLC did not do (enough) much watches with this format and that's really a shame for the poor collector who did not have the chance to see some :D

7. tuc Nov 17, 2015

You guys made my day! This was pure chance....I feel lucky.

8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 17, 2015

Nice find!