Forums Latest Members
  1. CaptainWinsor Sep 5, 2018

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 5, 2018

Dial looks OK for me.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 5, 2018

Several things look very off. The edges of the sub-dial are soft and the concentric rings have been nearly obliterated. The figures have lost their crispness. All indications that the dial has been polished in the refinishing process. SWISS just looks plain wrong, too large and to straight.

mnbgty6.jpg

Edited Sep 5, 2018
    89-0, Dan S, CaptainWinsor and 2 others like this.
  4. CaptainWinsor Sep 5, 2018

I see it now. Thanks

5. Dan S Sep 6, 2018

@X350 XJR pointed out exactly the things that jumped out immediately to me - the soft sub-dial edges, obscured rings, and wonky SWISS. I would also suggest that the outer minute ring looks too fresh and bold, and the paint just looks funny around the applied markers. I don't have first-hand experience with this reference, but those features strongly suggest a low-quality redial.

6. chipsotoole Sep 7, 2018

+1..it looks off. the dial at very least has been enthusiastically cleaned and left tell tale marks. The SWISS is way to cumbersome.
    Rose gold is by definition an alloy metal so there is no such thing as pure rose gold. Therefore, if your jewelry is marked as 24K, it is likely fake. The most common fineness for rose gold is 14K in the US and 18K in Europe. Which makes this very expensive for an alloy. I think for a third of the price you should be looking for steel ref e329 or if you're lucky a cal p478 from the same era. JLCcal478.jpg cal298atfer.jpg

CaptainWinsor likes this.
  7. CaptainWinsor Sep 7, 2018

I thought Rose Gold just had a small amount of Copper in it so it could be any karat. Btw, I like your watches. It’s a shame there’s so many issues with that watch because it’s really nice looking.

8. jimmyd13 Sep 7, 2018

First impressions are that someone tried to clean that dial and ended up removing much of the print. The name looks correct; the rest doesn't. Add to that the lack of facets/sharp edges and it's looking like a prepped watch that's been robbed of its true character.

I was thinking offer $900 and pay to have the dial professionally refinished ... but, then, I think that would be a worse mistake. Either you're going to love it for what it is or you're going to keep lookig. Personally, I'd keep looking for one that spoke to me.

chipsotoole likes this.