Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Jardur Bezelmeter Chronograph Valjoux 72

1. toddle321 Feb 11, 2019

Up for grabs is my Jardur Bezelmeter pilot's chrono from the 40's.

Movement - The valjoux 72 movement works and keeps reasonable time, but will likely need a service given how long it's been sitting.

Dial/Hands - The dial shows marks as pictured and retains its glossy black finish. I haven't seen the lightning bolt sweep second on other Jardur Bezelmeter models, so not certain if its original. The hour/minute hands have lume that doesn't match the dial, so I also assume these were relumed long ago.

Case has been polished and lug holes have been drilled through, the others of the thin lug ref. 960s I can find don't have lug holes. My watchmaker thinks they were drilled later in the watch's life.

With respect to the case and movement, I've seen them both marked Pilgrim and with other maker's names scratched out, this one is the latter. A collector told me that there was another manufacturer somehow related to Jardur called Karl Plepla (Flytimer) that also sold similar watches, and its suspected that the scratched out cases are from those watches then used by Jardur/Pilgrim Electric.

Sold head only, pictured strap is not included.

I am asking $3,300 USD shipped Fedex/Parcelpro worldwide. Payment via paypal goods, I will cover fees. I have references on this forum I can send or you can search the reviews section for my name. Thanks OF for the space!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 20190120_021018032_iOS.jpg 20190120_021048117_iOS.jpg