Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Jaeger LeCoultre Powermatic Nautilus, Amazing Black Dial, circa 1958

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 25, 2016

Vintage LeCoultre Powermatic Nautilus in stainless steel with screw-down crown
    Caliber 481, bumper automatic, with the distinctive LeCoultre power reserve indicator.
    Serial #1258xxx, circa 1958, produced for the US market.
    Full movement service in February 2015 by ClassicWatch (Zaf Basha's shop).

Dial & Hands: The original finish black dial is in exceptional vintage condition. Stainless steel hour, minute, and center sweep seconds hands, with some corrosion from the radium lume, Stainless steel dial furniture, Arabics on the even hours, darts on the odd. All luminous material is intact. The text & markings are in clear and unfaded condition.

Case & crown. Excellent stainless steel case. Correct signed JL crown. No major dings or dents, but does show scratches and wear from decades of use. Approximately 34mm without crown, 36mm with, 42mm lug-to-lug, and 12mm thick.

Movement: LeCoultre caliber 481 automatic movement. Fully stripped down and serviced in February 2015, but no longer under warranty. Keeping accurate time, power reserve fully functional. The movement photo was taken during the last service and as you can see is in excellent condition.

Bracelet: Unsigned vintage stainless steel "beads of rice" bracelet in good condition as shown.

Please review the pictures carefully as they are an important an integral part of the description. All but the movement photo were taken today in natural light.

Offered at US$1350 - Feel free to make me an offer. I like to move watches quickly & always prefer to complete a frictionless transaction with a known member here on OF. Price includes PayPal fees and priority shipping within the US, four percent (4%) discount for bank wire. Non-US buyers please contact me to discuss shipping arrangements and cost.

Shipping: The watch will ship promptly via USPS priority mail, signature required, tracked, and insured for final sale value.

Sold as is with no warranty and no returns.
    image.jpeg
    image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hijak, George.A, Charlie3755 and 8 others like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 26, 2016

Watch is now sold.

Thanks to the buyer and to OF for this great marketplace. :thumbsup: