Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2013

Just came back from a visit to Steve / N2FHL. He shot me an email and said my Centenary was finished. Silly man asked if I wanted it right away or if I'd wait 'til the other Seamaster was done! :rolleyes: (parts on order). While he's certainly in tune with collector's quirks, I don't think he understands just how much I wanted to wear this watch!

[​IMG]

Also got a little help from one of the better enablers with getting the correct home for the Constellation Deluxe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one came back from being serviced too.

[​IMG]

However, Windy decided she wouldn't wear it over her TAG so it's gonna get a new lizard grain strap and go on the sales forum. Yes, this is the watch she saw me looking at and did her "Mine? Mine? Mine?" like the seagulls on Nemo. ::facepalm2:: Women. :cautious:

JimInOz, astrosfan, alam and 3 others like this.
  2. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Oct 21, 2013

All three are terrific but the Connie is stunning ;-)

3. Hijak Oct 21, 2013

Centenary!::love::

4. Dablitzer Oct 21, 2013

All three would be fine! :p

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 21, 2013

Congratulations, lovely in deed.

6. John R Smith Oct 21, 2013

The Centenary is just superb. I was wondering if you got that box (I saw the listing had ended) and what a brilliant home for it ::love::

7. cristos71 Oct 21, 2013

Wow, that looks like a nice day!

8. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2013

Thanks guys!

I'm tickled that I can wear it once in a while now that it's serviced. Steve did an awesome job on it. The hands and bezel were pretty damn good to begin with, but now they look great. The Deluxe was the watch that beat out the Hamilton, but if it were a Centenary in it's place there might have been a landslide instead of a one vote win. The deeper I get into watches, vintage or modern, the more I think that the 2500 might be the all time best looking watch.

Hijak likes this.
  9. Mothra Oct 21, 2013

They all look great, but I'm curious - now you have another centenary do you ever still miss the first one?

10. Mothra Oct 21, 2013

Connies my favourite, btw....

11. Hijak Oct 21, 2013

I think I need to get to know Steve!:)

12. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2013

We'll do the 2 minute explanation.

A mutual friend put me in contact with a retired jeweler / gold buyer who had a 2500. He was selling it for a client, and man was it in rough shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took the gamble on it and it turned out okay, with just a little laquer flaking off the dial around 9. The movement has a little verdigris on it too, but that came off (along with a little copper plating) and it ran like a top. It fit great too. However, Desmond had a black dialed Constellation 2943 that I lusted after for years and we traded. The problem was that I loved the look of the 2943, but it sat all wrong on my wrist. :unsure: I sold it to a member here (it popped up in the WRUW thread very recently). No kidding, the Omega Museum wanted that watch but Desmond outbid them - I think he had a gentleman's agreement for this one watch with the bidder (who he knew). Anyway, I realized my mistake of parting with the Centenary (besides being reminded of it by Evan / gatorcpa and Steve / cicindela often ::shy:: ) so I found another one with a nice B.I.N. price. I was talking with the seller when Kyle messaged me and Steve / cicindela posted about it. Steve called me and said how silly it was for me to haggle over a couple hundred when somebody else could snatch it out from under me and I'd kick myself forever for missing out on it. I hit the B.I.N. button because it was a good deal at that price.

Short answer: no, I don't miss the first one because the replacement is in a little better shape.

13. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2013

Here ya go guys - it's as good inside as out. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sryukon likes this.
  14. Hijak Oct 21, 2013

If I could only have one I'd take the Centenary all day long!::love::

15. alam Oct 21, 2013

::love:: This one will invariably have a great potential to enable all types of home repairs! ;)

16. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2013

Nice try. :D If, and that's a HUGE if, it ever goes on the market it has to make it past Steve / cicindela. The odds of BOTH that happening are slim to none.

...... and Slim has left the building! :p