Forums Latest Members

FSOT (Price Reduction) Vintage Hamilton G Chronograph (c. 1974) with Original Bracelet

1. kippyk Apr 21, 2023

Time to reduce the collection by one more vintage beauty! I am selling (or trading) this excellent example of the rare Hamilton G Chronograph. Size is 40.5mm in diameter with short lugs, 42.5mm lug to lug. These watches were manufactured for three years. I purchased this from a watchmaker 3.5 years ago. It was serviced by the watchmaker before I purchased it.

This watch has the original bracelet (a must in my opinion for this particular watch) that should fit a wrist at least 7.5" in diameter. My wrist is somewhere between 7.25-7.5" and it fits fine with two more clasp micro-adjustments left to expand. The watch appears unpolished to me.

This watch has it all: great size (large but not too large), original bracelet, unique case shape, original box, and awesome orange hands! I took the photos outside in the shade with the latest iPhone. I have only worn the watch about 20 times since I received it.

It is a manual wind watch with a loud ticking sound. Definitely my loudest watch. I timed it for accuracy yesterday and was surprised at the number. I estimated the watch was only off by 1.5 seconds after testing it for 36 hours!

The watch is in the US in the NY/NJ area. $3350 (reduced to $2300) + shipping (PayPal FF), Zelle, maybe others as well. I have purchased quite a few watches on OF, but I have only sold three. In regards to potential trades, I could go up or down in price. I guess vintage or faux-vintage is my preference, but I am open to different styles.

Edited Sep 19, 2023
    gmmy775 likes this.
  2. kippyk Apr 21, 2023

3. kippyk Apr 29, 2023

Price reduction to $2850

4. kippyk May 5, 2023

Price reduction to $2750

5. kippyk Jun 11, 2023

Price reduction to $2500

6. Pastorbottle Jun 11, 2023

It’s a pity that some clown seems to have used a jackhammer to remove to case back, because the rest of the watch looks really nice.

7. kippyk Jun 12, 2023

I never really dwelled on the scratches on the back. It did strike me odd the back was scuffed but everything else was aces. I guess a lot can happen in 50 years to a watch. It seems like the watch was rarely worn and then somebody who did not have the right tools or expertise was determined to open the back. Polishing the watch would have been a worse crime.

On a side note, the new iphone camera really takes great macro pictures. I am selling my DSLR soon.

BAJJ likes this.
  8. kippyk Jul 5, 2023

Price reduction to $2350.

9. kippyk Sep 19, 2023

Price reduction to $2300.