Forums Latest Members

Vintage Grand Seiko and King Seiko Service

1. rbob99 Mar 12, 2017

I have a couple of 1970s Grand Seikos and am considering a vintage King Seiko. My watchmaker here in Portland, OR is terrific for Swiss watches but won't work on Japanese watches. Who can I send my Seikos to for service? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. alam Mar 12, 2017

3. rbob99 Mar 13, 2017

Thanks for the tip.

In your experience will they agree to a movement only service and not replace cosmetic parts or insist on a case polish?

We have so many good Swiss watch watchmakers who will handle the service appropriately for collectors. It would be nice to find a Seiko watchmaker counterpart.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 13, 2017

There are some other sources search the forum with "Seiko service"

5. sleepyhead Mar 13, 2017

Care to share a reference?

I contacted the service center for my Seiko World Time. They said they'd clean and service the movement but do not have any parts, including either crystal or movement parts.

They are very helpful over the phone rather than email - you can call them to find exactly what they will and won't do.

6. alam Mar 14, 2017

my experience dealing with them has been very positive, they are very user-friendly over the phone, the admin folks who answer the phone will let you talk directly with the techs working on your watch... sleepyhead seems to have had similar experience...